DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Official Droid Eris Root is HERE FINALLY THREAD

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris

how do i know my eris is rooted and not leaked 2.1?

i followed unlockr.com how to root but im not sure if im rooted i can't install the recovery image is there any way to tell if im on the rooted 2.1 or leaked 2.1
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    As well as the person above im have a very hard time with the Recovery Mode. Im unable to work anything in Command Prompt at all. I have a 2.1 on the phone, but its having many issues and seems to have to FC many applications. Im trying to work the recovery mode to install a new ROM that is supose to take care of issues. If someone could help me Im going crazy trying to figure this out. Ive spent hours on this already with no luck.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Join the IRC chatroom. Plenty of people there who will help walk you through it.

Download mIRC and connect to irc.thefuzz4.net or irc.wastated.net and join room #DroidEris or #ErisRootHelp
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Would you be able to lead me to the area. I just tried DL that and Idk whats going on. I mean I know basics and Ive built my own computer, but for some reason.... im having a heck of a time with this.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid eris

Post Hope this helps

You are putting the recovery file in your SDK folder right? The path to your folder probably won't be anything like the instructions, mine wasn't.

Ex. my path: C:\Users\The ASS Chief\Documents\android-sdk_r04-windows\android-sdk-windows\tools

Why? Because I wasn't paying attention to where my lappy decided to d/l the file. But this is where you need to add the recovery image.

One thing all the instructions I've come across seem to leave out is YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU WIPE AND FLASH WITH THE NEW ROM!! I've come across that info in the threads but I can't remember reading it in ANY of the instructions. Muy importante! If you don't, you'll lose your phone book and email addys like I did, not fun.
    Last edited by txarsoncop; 04-09-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Another helpful hint
  6. HK.
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by txarsoncop View Post
    One thing all the instructions I've come across seem to leave out is YOU NEED TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE BEFORE YOU WIPE AND FLASH WITH THE NEW ROM!! I've come across that info in the threads but I can't remember reading it in ANY of the instructions. Muy importante! If you don't, you'll lose your phone book and email addys like I did, not fun.
    I to forgot to backup lol, and now I can't remember my Google account PW lol. Tried recovering it with no luck, now I have to wait 24 hrs and try login in again to get my security question. But I am enjoying 2.1 all the same. Very nice, smooth, and fast.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris
    Quote Originally Posted by GrdLock View Post
    FYI, we finished a new root rom. This one uses the kernel from the original 2.1 leak, and we polished out all the bugs we found. This one's fully stable and working as far as we know.

Sorry for linking to another site, but I just uploaded the new rom and a link to it is in the guide here: GUIDE: From stock 1.5 to the latest root 2.1 - Android Forums
    GRDLOCK,

In your all-in-one file, which rom version is included? Because I have the 3rd 2.1 leak in my phone. And how would I check if my Eris is rooted anyway?

I have build number- 2.26.605.4

Thanks!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have a quick question. i have eris 1.5, i want to get the 2.1 root. but if i don't find it as stable as i need, can i go back to stock 1.5 unrooted? and if the ota comes out, will the 2.1 root block it, or can i still update it?
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Eris (HTC Droid Eris)
    Quote Originally Posted by gujupmp88 View Post
    I have a quick question. i have eris 1.5, i want to get the 2.1 root. but if i don't find it as stable as i need, can i go back to stock 1.5 unrooted? and if the ota comes out, will the 2.1 root block it, or can i still update it?
    There are instructions over at fuzz4.net for reverting to 1.5 from a rooted 2.1, but since I haven't tried them, I can't say if they work or not.
    Here's the link: How To Downgrade your Rooted HTC Eris back to 1.5 - HTC Eris Root How To's - TheFuzz4.net
    If you try it, please let us know if it works or not...
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eris leak ver2
    I am running leak ver2, no probs by the way. I was wondering if someone was working on being able to root the leaks. Thanks for any info you may have.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links