DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Battery life is low! Can I.....

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Driod Eris

Battery life is low! Can I.....

I just got the droid eris, and the battery life only last for about 8 hours. Is there any battery updates, extended battery replacements, or something I can do to help this issue?
    Last edited by charlesellis27; 02-12-2010 at 06:44 AM.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    You could buy an extra battery? I have this same problem with my Droid....

I read somewhere that dirty contact points can cause the battery life to be less than promising...meaning the metal part of the battery that actually connects to the metal part of the phone in the back...

What I read, said to clean these contact points with either an eraser, or a cotton swab with alcohol....but just make sure that when your done, there are no residue of eraser or cotton left on the contact points

3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesellis27 View Post
    I just got the droid eris, and the battery life only last for about 8 hours. Is there any battery updates, extended battery replacements, or something I can do to help this issue?
    There has got to be about 5,000 post on what to do about battery life in this forum. Turn off bluetooth, make sure you're not using gps. 8 hours is about the average life span now on my Droid with the current apps I have running. I have to give it a booster charge usually once a day now.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Phone
    CyanogenMod :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesellis27 View Post
    There has got to be about 5,000 post on what to do about battery life in this forum. Turn off bluetooth, make sure you're not using gps. 8 hours is about the average life span now on my Droid with the current apps I have running. I have to give it a booster charge usually once a day now.
    Yeah this is the ONE issue I can honestly say is negative about my Droid...is the battery life...but supposedly this update will help that out...so I guess we will see

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    htc droid eris
    charlesellis27.... seidio.com sells a 1750 and a 3500 replacement battery for the eris..the eris oem battery is 1300...i bought the 1750 and along with all the other things i have learned to help with battery life on all the different forums have really helped with my battery life on my eris...heres a code for free shipping and 10% off any purchase over $50.00 on seidio.until feb 14...the 1750 is $49.99 so it will only help you on the 3500 battery unless you add something else to the 1750 battery (maybe the screen saver)... hope this helps !!! heres the code..LOVE2010
    Last edited by bad05gtt; 02-12-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Links