DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doogald

Thread: How do I root my HTC Droid Eris to Gingerbread?

  1. Junior Droid
    Teendaddy08's Avatar
    Member #
    238663
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #1

    How do I root my HTC Droid Eris to Gingerbread?

    I want to root my eris to gingerbread. What ROM should I download and where can I get it? If there are any apps I have to download what are they? Also, what are the steps of rooting a droid eris?

    Sent from my Eris using DroidForums
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    doogald's Avatar
    Member #
    231809
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Teendaddy08 View Post
    I want to root my eris to gingerbread. What ROM should I download and where can I get it? If there are any apps I have to download what are they? Also, what are the steps of rooting a droid eris?
    I hate to point you to a different forum, but this really is the best set of root instructions around. The first three posts will give you the instructions you need to root the phone, and the fourth shows you how to install a custom ROM: Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

    And, the easiest GB ROM for new rooters is CondemnedSoul's CM7, found here: [ROM] 1/8/12 Condemned CM 7.2 V22 (2.3.7) R.I.P. - xda-developers (actual download link here: Dev-Host.org - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service )

    Most of the GB ROMs require a separate download and flash of a package of Google apps, which includes the Market. These apps are included in CondemnedSoul's CM7.

    In the Universal Root for Dummies instructions above, the steps list including a ROM called PlainJaneT2. Rather than downloading and installing that, just use the .zip file from CondemnedSoul's CM7.
  4. Junior Droid
    Teendaddy08's Avatar
    Member #
    238663
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #3
    Thanks for that. But when I click on the link to download the gscript.zip file but the page that comes up is some kind of Court order. Is there another site I can get it from? If so what is the website? Can I have a link to it as well?

    Sent from my Eris
  5. Master Droid
    mamawm's Avatar
    Member #
    96831
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mississippi
    Posts
    509
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    DNA, Bionic, Eris, zoom, A100
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Teendaddy08 View Post
    Thanks for that. But when I click on the link to download the gscript.zip file but the page that comes up is some kind of Court order. Is there another site I can get it from? If so what is the website? Can I have a link to it as well?

    Sent from my Eris
    Go back to the thread for universal Eris root for dummies and go to post #980.

    Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
  6. Master Droid
    doogald's Avatar
    Member #
    231809
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Teendaddy08 View Post
    I want to root my eris to gingerbread. What ROM should I download and where can I get it? If there are any apps I have to download what are they? Also, what are the steps of rooting a droid eris?
    So, how did it work out?
  7. Junior Droid
    Teendaddy08's Avatar
    Member #
    238663
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    #6
    When very good.... Thanks for you guys

    Sent from my ERIS using DroidForums
  8. Droid Sensei
    droid2drummer's Avatar
    Member #
    188401
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ga...
    Posts
    2,591
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    #7
    You do know about the bootloader now being unlock able on the HTCdev.com site right???

    8-)

    You've been tapped by the Drummer...
  9. Master Droid
    doogald's Avatar
    Member #
    231809
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    You do know about the bootloader now being unlock able on the HTCdev.com site right???
    That turns out to be not-so-exciting, for a number of reasons:

    - the Eris is already quite rootable with the locked bootloader, and it allows kernel replacement, system replacement, etc.
    - the new bootloader is still S-ON, and even when it is "unlocked" it does not allow fastboot flash support to replace the recovery, boot, or misc partitions
    - it is quite simple for most people with a working Eris to get the engineering S-OFF bootloader installed, which does allow fastboot flashes of the partitions I listed above
    - I tried to install this new bootloader using the RUU that HTC provides and the RUU failed with an error message saying that an OTA update was required - I am already at the highest OTA and there is still no new OTA provided.

    There is a possibility that this may help people with soft bricked Erises to recover more easily, but we'll have to see.

    Lots of discussion about this on androidforums: Eris gets official booloader unlock support (*yawn*) - Android Forums (with the heavy lifting being done by Erisuser1 and Scotty85.)
    mamawm likes this.
  10. Droid Sensei
    droid2drummer's Avatar
    Member #
    188401
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ga...
    Posts
    2,591
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    That turns out to be not-so-exciting, for a number of reasons:

    - the Eris is already quite rootable with the locked bootloader, and it allows kernel replacement, system replacement, etc.
    - the new bootloader is still S-ON, and even when it is "unlocked" it does not allow fastboot flash support to replace the recovery, boot, or misc partitions
    - it is quite simple for most people with a working Eris to get the engineering S-OFF bootloader installed, which does allow fastboot flashes of the partitions I listed above
    - I tried to install this new bootloader using the RUU that HTC provides and the RUU failed with an error message saying that an OTA update was required - I am already at the highest OTA and there is still no new OTA provided.

    There is a possibility that this may help people with soft bricked Erises to recover more easily, but we'll have to see.

    Lots of discussion about this on androidforums: Eris gets official booloader unlock support (*yawn*) - Android Forums (with the heavy lifting being done by Erisuser1 and Scotty85.)
    Oh yes... I'm all aware brother..lol Just an fyi for the op...just trying to help...:-) That's what I do! Lol

    8-)

    You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Android 2.3 Gingerbread on Htc Droid Eris?
    By Teendaddy08 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM
  4. JCase's 1 Click Droid Eris Root App
    By jaitken0308 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
  5. Droid ERIS users, EASY ROOT!
    By lopedo in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Search tags for this page

droid eris root

,
how to root a htc eris
,

how to root droid eris

,
how to root htc droid eris
,

how to root htc eris

,
htc droid eris root
,

htc eris root

,

root droid eris

,

root htc eris

,
rooting droid eris
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+