DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting messages is a problem

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris

Deleting messages is a problem

I have been trying to delete messages and everytime I try to do it, it doesnt do it, or it doesnt happen fast enough. I can go back to the main screen after selecting to delete messages and then go back into the messages and the phone will not bring up any messages like it freezes the messaging app. Can someone please help me do a mass deletion of all messages? Or does anyone know why my phone freezes or can't delete messages fast?
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    Ya, im having this same EXACT problem. The only texts I have been able to delete is when it only has 1 text in the thread. but i'm trying to delete a thread that has over 5000 texts and all it does is freeze and ive tried Hard/solf restarts and tried again and nothing works. I've also tried to delete a thread that only has 7 texts total and it does the same.

I have the Droid Eris btw.

Thx for the help =)
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    tap and hold and choose delete for individual texts and select delete. For a whole thread, go to the thread and hit menu and delete and say yes.. for 5000 posts? maybe wait a while to see if it will delete them or you may need to delete one at at time.. Mine will delete at least 200 no problem.. For a mass delete just go to your main message screen and click menu.. then hit delete and click on the Xs for each thread you want deleted and hit delete..
  4. Johnly
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_snowman1 View Post
    tap and hold and choose delete for individual texts and select delete. For a whole thread, go to the thread and hit menu and delete and say yes.. for 5000 posts? maybe wait a while to see if it will delete them or you may need to delete one at at time.. Mine will delete at least 200 no problem.. For a mass delete just go to your main message screen and click menu.. then hit delete and click on the Xs for each thread you want deleted and hit delete..
    A man is as good as his understanding of his own tools he he
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    A man is as good as his understanding of his own tools he he

very true and the user is only as good as much as they understand the phone. If it doesn't work one way try different things hard reset is never the answer lol
    were has this phone been all my life lol
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    The Droid

Email multiple deletes

Can one of you tell me how to delete the messages from my email trash bin without having to do them one at a time. I have over 400 deleted messages and really ain't looking forward to doing them one at a time. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Just hit menu when you are in the delete screen and choose "select all" and then delete.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

emptying trash can

Just hit menu when you are in the delete screen and choose "select all" and then delete.
    there is no select all when you are in the trash bin trying to empty 500 email mesages. you have to select one at a time AGAIN to empty the trash bin.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Eris

Wink

Hit menu AGAIN and it WILL say mark all... and then hit delete ... It's works fine here. It takes time to delete 500 messages..
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    i have the same problem i have a thread with 2000 messages and i am using handsent and cannot delete the thread at all, i try and i have to pop the battery to unfreeze it or usually handcent force closes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links