DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: App Icons Load Slow, Launcher Crashes

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4

App Icons Load Slow, Launcher Crashes

This is something that's been going on since before I rooted. Currently I'm on GSB 2.0 and despite the fact that I've rooted I'm am more than willing to admit that I really still don't know that much about Android in general, so if this is a stupid question, I apologize and feel free to point me in the right direction.

Basically, whenever I exit an app or something, the icons and widgets on my screen won't appear for about 5 secs. Sometimes, they won't appear and a message will come up about how the launcher isn't responding. It's just kind of annoying.

Is there anything I can do to help with this? I've got setcpu and autokiller running on some settings I found on a website about speeding up the Eris. Is it possible that the I'm just expecting too much and the phone has pretty much reached its limit?

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    spc_hicks09
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy S4
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Sounds like you need to go into the cyanogenmod settings (i forget exactly where it is but I believe it's in "performance") and check the box that says "lock home in memory" or "keep home in memory" something like that. That should stop it, also, did you wipe the data and dalvik cache when you flashed the rom ? If not, reboot into recovery and wipe data, then wipe dalvik, then reflash the ROM and gapps. Hope this all helps !!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Eris
    I've had the same problem! and I really just followed the directions that spc gave earlier. just check the lock home in memory box under cyanogen mod performance settings, and it will be instantaneous.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
    Sounds like you need to go into the cyanogenmod settings (i forget exactly where it is but I believe it's in "performance") and check the box that says "lock home in memory" or "keep home in memory" something like that. That should stop it, also, did you wipe the data and dalvik cache when you flashed the rom ? If not, reboot into recovery and wipe data, then wipe dalvik, then reflash the ROM and gapps. Hope this all helps !!
    I did wipe dalvik before I flashed the ROM. I just did as you said and rebooted. I'll play with it for awhile and return with my findings! Thanks to both of you!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    cyanogenmod - LauncherPro "Keep in memory" vs "Lock home in memory" - Android - Stack Exchange

I used this along with the keep in memory as mentioned above. It does wonders for your phone. Google terminal emulator launcher pro keep in memory, if you want to find more information about it. One of my boys used it on his Droid and I tried it on my Eris, and it is great, especially with GSB 2.0.

Links