DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: WIFI Issue

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bdbraaten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4

WIFI Issue

I have an Eris with a puzzling WIFI issue.

It connects fine to the open G wifi access point at the coffee shop next door to our office, it also finds and connects to our non-broadcasting linksys g access point at work that is using wpa2 encryption.

When I take it home it won't find or connect to my dlink n access point which also uses wpa2 encryption, the code is even the same as our work code. My N router is set to work in all 3 modes (b,g,n) and set to 2.4 ghz signal.

Any ideas why it will find the others but it won't find my home network?

Thanks for the help.
    Brent D. Braaten
    -----------------------
    Proud member of the Droid Army.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by bdbraaten View Post
    I have an Eris with a puzzling WIFI issue.

It connects fine to the open G wifi access point at the coffee shop next door to our office, it also finds and connects to our non-broadcasting linksys g access point at work that is using wpa2 encryption.

When I take it home it won't find or connect to my dlink n access point which also uses wpa2 encryption, the code is even the same as our work code. My N router is set to work in all 3 modes (b,g,n) and set to 2.4 ghz signal.

Any ideas why it will find the others but it won't find my home network?

Thanks for the help.
    Go into your access point and change the channel that it broadcasts on. I have found, especially in urban areas, that most people leave the default channels and this can cause cross router interference. Also, lost of other devices use 2.4Ghz (cordless phones, etc). Changing the channel might help.
    Moto X - Designed by me!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bdbraaten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. I also thought about trying, just haven't been on my computer in a while, turning on the ssid broadcast to see if I can get it to connect as well.

I just realized I need to be a little more awake when I post because I forgot to add one piece of information that has added to my confusion.

I have two other android phones in the house, my Motorola Droid 1 and my wife has an LG Ally. Those two phones can connect to the home point no problem, it's just the Eris that is having the issue.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    Brent D. Braaten
    -----------------------
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Charge
    Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. I also thought about trying, just haven't been on my computer in a while, turning on the ssid broadcast to see if I can get it to connect as well.

I just realized I need to be a little more awake when I post because I forgot to add one piece of information that has added to my confusion.

I have two other android phones in the house, my Motorola Droid 1 and my wife has an LG Ally. Those two phones can connect to the home point no problem, it's just the Eris that is having the issue.

You might want to check to see if your SSID is broadcasting.. I like to hide mine but my googy won't connect if the ssid is hidden

Sent from my GSBv1.7-ERIS using DroidForums App
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    bdbraaten
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by gemro311 View Post

You might want to check to see if your SSID is broadcasting.. I like to hide mine but my googy won't connect if the ssid is hidden

Sent from my GSBv1.7-ERIS using DroidForums App
    Thanks to both of you for the help.

While I'm still not entirely sure the cause, it's working now. The first thing I did was to turn said broadcast on and that made it able to connect so I new my settings were correct.

When I turned said broadcast off it stayed connected until I rebooted the phone then it wouldn't connect again.

I looked at wifi analyzer on my d1 and there was another network on the same channel with a similar power rating to mine so I moved mine up one channel and now the Eris is working perfectly with my said still turned off so I'm good to go it seems.

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can return the favor someday.

Brent.
    Brent D. Braaten
    -----------------------

Links