I got my Eris Droid last night. To be honest, I originally wanted an iPhone, (die-hard Mac user here), but Verizon does not have it yet. Since I was not willing to switch to AT&T, and not liking the Motorola Droid, I picked up the Eris as the best non-iPhone solution.
It's driving me mad.
I've taken a look around the forums and I have a few questions to pose since I could not find the answers...
1) Is there any way to disable the vibration/buzz that happens whenever you hit the Home, Menu, Back or Search buttons?
2) The startup time for my Eris seems to be excessively long. Maybe about 30-45 seconds. I'm used to my iPod Touch, (which has near everything other than a phone and camera), having an almost instantaneous startup.
3) Here's a question about security. Whenever I download a program, it gives me a list of personal items that the programmer/company/program wants to have access to. On my iTouch I have never seen these statements before whenever I've downloaded an app. How concerned do I need to be when downloading programs and granting access? The reason I ask this is that I have banking information on my Eris, personal contacts and I would like to find an app that can help me store passwords.
4) I've noticed that the programs seem to be developed by third party programmers and not by the actual company (for example: eBay, AIM, Best Buy, etc...). This might be the same concern as above, but when I am entering sensitive information such as passwords to enter my accounts, how concerned do I need to be that these are third party apps and that they might have access to my personal info?
5) Is there any way to access/see files stored on my SD card, or can I only access them from a computer link? The reason I ask this is that I am starting to make customized ringtones for myself and want to delete some that I already have put in the phone.
6) In the same vein and in addition to the above, I am a photographer and would like to set up separate folders to store images and video files on to my SD card. Once there, I am sure I would like to move images around and/or delete older pics from the phones interface rather than a computer connection.
I think I will stop now before I abuse your time. And speaking of time, instead of joining the family to celebrate the new year, I am fiddling with my Eris and trying to figure it all out.
Thank you in advance for any responses. You just might save my mental state as I am really trying to like this phone.