DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bypass Activation

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

How do I edit the MDN for my Incredible???

I have the HTC Incredible (not 1 or 2), just the Incredible....I have tried EVERYthing that's been suggested to get passed the activation screen. Nothing is working. I am trying to use this option below but my phone will not allow me to edit the Mobile Directory Number (MDN)...how can I do this? Also, I am out of the country and my phone had been working fine just using wi fi and no phone service. I mistakenly did a factory reset and now I am at the activation screen and I just can't get passed it. I need more help!

Quote Originally Posted by palswim View Post
    So, I registered only to say Thanks! Your post solved my issue with an HTC Incredible phone that I reset (without knowing it would force me to activate again).

On the HTC Incredible, the names of the settings differ slightly, but I took a few guesses and everything works for me.

The parts that differ for the HTC Incredible:
    STEP 5) TAP NAM Settings
    STEP 6) TAP Mobile Directory Number(MDN)
    STEP 6A) Enter Your 10 digit phone number press OK
    STEP 7) TAP MIN1 and enter you 7 digid cel phone number without area code
    STEP 8) TAP MIN2 enter your 3 digit area code
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    htc evo

use the emegency dial method

Quote Originally Posted by tk1ders View Post
    I have the HTC Incredible (not 1 or 2), just the Incredible....I have tried EVERYthing that's been suggested to get passed the activation screen. Nothing is working. I am trying to use this option below but my phone will not allow me to edit the Mobile Directory Number (MDN)...how can I do this? Also, I am out of the country and my phone had been working fine just using wi fi and no phone service. I mistakenly did a factory reset and now I am at the activation screen and I just can't get passed it. I need more help!
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by tk1ders View Post
    Did you try letting the phone try to dial activation and then fail? On the Eris, at least, after three tries it will give up and continue on with normal Android activation using WiFi. I'm not sure if the DInc is the same, though.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have tried both the emergency dial method (it won't let me edit the MDN though!) and also allowing the activation call to fail countless times...nothing is working. Any other suggestions? Is there a way to force another factory reset and try again? I can't access my settings obviously until I get passed this activation screen

Quote Originally Posted by hamdi123 View Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links