After using the Eris for several months, I gotta admit, it is a pretty terrific device. I am 29 trapped in a 61 year old shell… a technology teacher retired, but in a second career of marketing and customer support for a major construction tool and fastener company. I have daily occasion to use, create and send many emails with MS Office docs…. this ‘lil Eris critter is well on it’s way t being a favorite. After using for a while I have these questions or comments, feel free to add your own.
After the initials learning curve and finally settling in to the apps applicable to my usage….
1. Why can’t I add a Yahoo email account(s), I have the single Sync I am allowed plus a gmail and local outlook based email associated.
2. Batter life – If I let the bat go to a total dead, then recharge in one 3 – 4 hour time period, I can get a full day… that’s with GPS and others off, only texting and receiving emails… oh ya and the occasional phone usage. J
3. Is anyone finding the phone use a but sluggish? All other apps snap in and out… the phone, after hang up seems to lag… like it’s collating data or something?
4. FYI - MS Office – ‘Documents to go’ works really well sp far for me. Creation, editing and sending as I need.
5. What can I use to back up the phone docs and apps…. If I mount the SD with USB, I can see many folders and other saved docs…. I can simply copy to a lap top as needed.. is there a viable total phone backup in case I send my current toy into the abyss of an oncoming tire of in a lake or whatever… ??
6. More to come I’m sure…