So it was a year ago that I started noticing the Verizon commercials about the Moto Droid, and then they would briefly mention the HTC Droid Eris. I knew a lot about the Droid from some coworkers that had them, but knew nothing about the Eris.
Mid-December I went to the Verizon store. I got my hands on both phones. While I liked the Droid, I fell in love with the Eris. First, I have no need for a real keyboard. My hands were too big and clumsy to properly use the one on the Droid anyway. Second, I love the fact that the Eris was lighter and more compact.
We ordered our (wife and I) Eris on Dec. 23rd with free overnight shipping. On December 24th, Christmas Eve, we received them and began using them.
Nearly a full year later I am happy to report that we still love our Eris. Here are some facts:
- Both my wife and I have our original handsets. We haven't had to get a replacement.
- My wife had to reset her Eris to factory settings one time in the last year. I have done a handful of times, mostly to try things.
- My wife's Eris is still stock. Mine is rooted and flashed.
- With the tips and tricks from this site we have been satisfied with the performance and feel of our Eris.
- I did have a period of a few weeks this past summer where I was starting to hate my phone, until I found that my SetCPU settings had been wiped and that is why my phone was unstable! After fixing those it has been smooth sailing.
So what has your experience been? I know that these forums tend to get the people with problems more than the people that are happy, so please post if you have had a good experience!