DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Thinking about getting a Droid DNA? A bit of Advice!

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by rbw62 View Post
    The new unreleased HTC ONE will put all phones to shame! VZW has foolishly chosen not to carry it.
    The DNA has a lot of limitations, look at processor speed, amount of ram, no storage to speak of. There are problems with it. Look @ customer reviews on VZW.
    No thanks DNA.

Sent from Batcave
    Yeah okay... Besides the battery and storage which aren't a issue for people like me the DNA is hands down the most powerful device out... I don't know what you mean about the processor because it's currently the best and fastest until the HTC one is released. Add that to best screen, speaker, audio, and camera and there's no competition.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    What about the problems? Just because you think it is fastest processor does not make it a great phone. And the limitations are a roadblock to lots of people.
    My Rezound has a better screen pixel density, a dual core 1.5, how bout that same speed as DNA! Maybe not quad, but how many apps take advantage of quad cores? Buff said..

Sent from Batcave
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    What about the problems? Just because you think it is fastest processor does not make it a great phone. And the limitations are a roadblock to lots of people.
    My Rezound has a better screen pixel density, a dual core 1.5, how bout that same speed as DNA! Maybe not quad, but how many apps take advantage of quad cores? Buff said..

Sent from Batcave
    Ummm the DNA currently has the highest PPI ever on a smartphone tied with the new Sony Xperia and I know that quadrant and other benchmarks don't reflect real world but the DNA has the highest scores of any smartphone ever. And as far as problems I have no idea what your talking about I have none I know there's a few issues with some DNAs but that's a very low percent of devices . As far as limitations the battery last me all day no problem and I use 6gb of data a month. I still have 10gb of memory and don't plan on needing much more of it the way I use my phone.
    Last edited by Psykho; 03-10-2013 at 08:24 AM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid DNA

Sent from Batcave
    lol... dude, the phone simply rocks. I've had mine for a bit more'n a month, loaded 6 gigs of music on it wirelessly thru doubletwist airsync, a crap-ton of apps (that'll never be used, more'n likely) and customized it to the point where i can't imagine needing more- and still have 4 gigs to fill. As to problems- every device has a few issues and the fail rate on the DNA is below standards found elsewhere. If you still like your rezound, good fer you. I still love my incredible- but it ain't anywhere close to the form and function of the DNA. You may want to step out of the batcave or at least open up a bit and let some air in there- the fumes are gettin' to you.

"Buff said"

lol...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by VitruvianRocker View Post

lol... dude, the phone simply rocks. I've had mine for a bit more'n a month, loaded 6 gigs of music on it wirelessly thru doubletwist airsync, a crap-ton of apps (that'll never be used, more'n likely) and customized it to the point where i can't imagine needing more- and still have 4 gigs to fill. As to problems- every device has a few issues and the fail rate on the DNA is below standards found elsewhere. If you still like your rezound, good fer you. I still love my incredible- but it ain't anywhere close to the form and function of the DNA. You may want to step out of the batcave or at least open up a bit and let some air in there- the fumes are gettin' to you.

"Buff said"

lol...
    LOL, it may beat some other phones now, now is key, but look @ One, hands down will blow the DNA back to the caveman era! Higher pixel density, faster processor, 1.7 quad, 2 gb ram, newest op with sense 5. Don't cry because you jumped the gun & bought into VZW hype, back to Batcave.

Sent from Batcave
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    The dna has 2gb of ram
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member

Re: Thinking about getting a Droid DNA? A bit of Advice!

Something about electronics is THE next big thing only lasts until THE next big thing his the shelves shortly after. While it did take quite a while for other models to surpass the Incredible 1 it was surpassed and as capable as it is it's prehistoric by comparison to newer models.
    The DNA will follow in its foot steps .The One will follow in its footsteps. So will every other model currently available and in the future pipeline. This is a win/win for the consumer.
    Let's try and remember that and not allow this thread to go down hill into a urinating contest.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From a Beano
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    Good advice. Same thing has been happening to the computer industry 4 years. So it will continue to happen, but some devices do last longer than others do you too the advancement in technology. Technology has to catch up in order to surpass the last devices.
    Same thing with cell phones, I believe the 1 is pretty advanced, and other phones will follow its lead. The DNA was a stop gap 4 the 1.
    Enough said about this thread.

Sent from Batcave
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I'm pretty sure that guy is trolling. I don't know how to take what you're saying seriously, not because I'm some fanboy, but because the numbers don't add up. I wouldn't even have a discussion about similarities between the Rezound and Droid DNA, there is really no comparison in performance and I know because I've owned both.

The main idea of this thread is to offer some advice and success stories from others about purchasing the DNA in the most advantageous situation possible-such as the guy who said he gave up his unlimited data plan and paid $59 through Dell for it. That's an amazing offer.

For those of you with a grandfathered data plan, that is a gold brick in the eyes of Verizon..so far myself and another on here milked them dry for it, so I encourage anyone in the market for a DNA or possibly another device for that matter to make that salesman/saleswoman work really hard to pry that unlimited data plan from your cold hands (in the event you were like me and went over 2 years without going over 2GB of data and really didn't need the unlimited plan).
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    Trolling...u need to go back to fishing school! Next, I am not doing a side by side comparison on the DNA & Droid, for one it is 2 diff op sys, one is quad core, one is dual core. The only direct comparison was the display.
    Now, the name of this thread is what..?
    Next, I do not sell cell phones any longer.
    So the only light I present objects in, is my light, the way I see it.
    If you want to sell the DNA open a new thread and call it "The best of the DNA", a biased opinion. Ok, anything else?

Sent from Batcave
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links