DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: (DNA is some type of bricked!) Bricked DNA and failed stock ROM attempts

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    LiquidICS Droid X

(DNA is some type of bricked!) Bricked DNA and failed stock ROM attempts

Hello everyone. After recently purchasing an HTC DNA, I used the "HTC Droid DNA AIO Kit" to unlock the bootloader (HTCDev + unlock code), root the phone, and load TWRP recovery. From the recovery menu, I flashed the Viper custom ROM. I noticed some wifi problems, so I wanted to go back to stock to see if the problem (couldn't connect to wifi) was still there. The dumbass that I am used the "Wipe System" ("This will wipe your ROM") option within the recovery hoping it would boot back into stock. Obviously that didn't work (and has started me down a horrible path to bricking). I tried re-flashing the viper ROM, and half way through the setup it would reboot and stick on a white "HTC" screen. Every time. I googled and tried the RUU.exe method and got 155 error "Wrong RUU version" or whatever. I tried flashing the RUU.zip stock ROM using the All-in-one kit. No luck (error in command prompt saying "too many links"). I don't know what to do I just need to get back to Stock ROM, or anything similar that can help fix my situation. I appreciate all of your technical expertise and any help you give! I can provide more information about my phone and setup and version and such.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcsquizzy View Post
    Hello everyone. After recently purchasing an HTC DNA, I used the "HTC Droid DNA AIO Kit" to unlock the bootloader (HTCDev + unlock code), root the phone, and load TWRP recovery. From the recovery menu, I flashed the Viper custom ROM. I noticed some wifi problems, so I wanted to go back to stock to see if the problem (couldn't connect to wifi) was still there. The dumbass that I am used the "Wipe System" ("This will wipe your ROM") option within the recovery hoping it would boot back into stock. Obviously that didn't work (and has started me down a horrible path to bricking). I tried re-flashing the viper ROM, and half way through the setup it would reboot and stick on a white "HTC" screen. Every time. I googled and tried the RUU.exe method and got 155 error "Wrong RUU version" or whatever. I tried flashing the RUU.zip stock ROM using the All-in-one kit. No luck (error in command prompt saying "too many links"). I don't know what to do I just need to get back to Stock ROM, or anything similar that can help fix my situation. I appreciate all of your technical expertise and any help you give! I can provide more information about my phone and setup and version and such.
    It seems that I have done something simlar... I am stuck at the HTC boot screen and unable to get back into the fastboot menu..
    I had installed the viper rom and had issues with being able to make phone calls .. android kept crashing..
    attempted to install back up and after wiping device and attempting to restore it states that it can't mount system.. attempted to go back to main menu and it hangs then reboots to HTC white screen.
    I haven't been able to get back into the recovery or fast boot either..
    please help i seem to have screwed my new phone!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by l8nitesurfer View Post
    It seems that I have done something simlar... I am stuck at the HTC boot screen and unable to get back into the fastboot menu..
    I had installed the viper rom and had issues with being able to make phone calls .. android kept crashing..
    attempted to install back up and after wiping device and attempting to restore it states that it can't mount system.. attempted to go back to main menu and it hangs then reboots to HTC white screen.
    I haven't been able to get back into the recovery or fast boot either..
    please help i seem to have screwed my new phone!
    Okay well update to my issue .. seems that if you hold power down till it reboots and then hold volume down you can get into the hboot screen.. From there I was able to launch the recovery and go back to venom rom..
    now i just need to clean my shorts..
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by l8nitesurfer View Post

Okay well update to my issue .. seems that if you hold power down till it reboots and then hold volume down you can get into the hboot screen.. From there I was able to launch the recovery and go back to venom rom..
    now i just need to clean my shorts..
    Reason to not play around with your brand new smartphone, give it some time till these ROMS are more stable.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    thc thunderbolt
    Why get rid if JB? I thought everyone was foaming @ mouth to get Jelly Bean on phone. Then buy a new phone, immediately destroy it. Born everyday.

Sent from Batcave

Links