DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Disheartened

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA

Disheartened

I was so excited to get this phone a few months ago. Now I don't want to go near it!!! I'm not sure if I did too much research and spooked myself but I do NOT want to deal with the sim card issue or dropped calls or screwed up contact lists...etc. I have found thread after thread of folks fighting numerous issues with this phone. I would love to believe that it is only a handfull of bad phones (and unlucky people) out there but goggle "sim card issue on DNA" and its a little scary. I am on call 24/7/365 and cannot miss calls/texts during the overnight hours.

Conventional wisdom says choose another phone or stick with my Commando (no issues except painfully limited) but then the inner child kicks in and says "maybe I'll get lucky"

All those out there who have not had issues, please put my mind at ease by responding and lettting me know there are a lot of you out there

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    I've had my Dna since the day it came out and haven't had a single issue...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDunIt View Post
    I was so excited to get this phone a few months ago. Now I don't want to go near it!!! I'm not sure if I did too much research and spooked myself but I do NOT want to deal with the sim card issue or dropped calls or screwed up contact lists...etc. I have found thread after thread of folks fighting numerous issues with this phone. I would love to believe that it is only a handfull of bad phones (and unlucky people) out there but goggle "sim card issue on DNA" and its a little scary. I am on call 24/7/365 and cannot miss calls/texts during the overnight hours.

Conventional wisdom says choose another phone or stick with my Commando (no issues except painfully limited) but then the inner child kicks in and says "maybe I'll get lucky"

All those out there who have not had issues, please put my mind at ease by responding and lettting me know there are a lot of you out there
    WTF are you talking about?

Are you trolling?

I have not had issue number 1, this phone is awesome!
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    No I'm not "trolling". If my post came off as such, then I must not understand what forums are for. I thought it was pretty straight to the point, maybe I'm too old as stupid language such as "trolling" is actually annoying and juvenile to me. If it offended you move on.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Psykho, Thank you for your reply
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    There's always going to be a couple of lemons, especially in the first batch of new phones. Some people are just "lucky" enough to get those lemons. If you have those issues then Verizon should be more than happy to replace it for you with a CLNR (if they even have CLNR DNAs right now).
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I've had the DNA since the first week it became available. Never had the SIM card issue until a couple of weeks ago.

I popped it out and put it back in A's no issues since then.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Whodunit, you have a good point and this is a legitimate concern. I wish I could say I have not had the SIM issue but it has happened to me a couple of times. What seems to help is to remove and replace it. I am not too concerned because I think it may be more an issue with the card and not the actual phone. If I continue to have problems I will take it in and have Verizon give me a new SIM. But I can surely see your concern if you need the phone to function 24/7. That being said I have yet to have a phone that didn't need some issue addressed and I have had the Droid 1, Droid X and Droid X2.
    Current: LG G2 white
    Previous: Droid DNA; Droid X2 rooted; Droid X; Droid (Original) rooted.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Re: Disheartened

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockSays View Post
    I've had the DNA since the first week it became available. Never had the SIM card issue until a couple of weeks ago.

I popped it out and put it back in A's no issues since then.
    Same issue, same remedy and I'm loving this phone since!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Had the SIM card issue but like others have said once I popped it out and put it back in the issue went away. Have not had any other issues and would genuinely buy the phone all over again if I had to.

Don't forget....people generally will only post complaints and theres some people who will always have a complaint no matter what. I thought this was the best phone on the market leading up to my purchase and my experiences with it have only confirmed these thoughts.

Do yourself a favor...when you do get it, purchase a wireless charging pad with it. Its one of those conveniences that I could never neglect now that I use it daily. There's just something about being able to charge your phone just by setting it down and having it available for immediate use without fumbling with a cord that is amazing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links