DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid DNA denied?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #

Exclamation Droid DNA denied?

Went to Verizon store for the purpose of acquiring he DNA and was advised by the staff that it would be unwise, too many complaints and returns.

3. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: Droid DNA denied?

That seems odd... even IF it were true, it seems to me a good sales person wouldn't question your purchase but instead try to sell something... what did they recommend then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    That does seem odd. I'm sure Verizon could care less if you wanted to buy a DNA. Actually it sounds like they would make more off of the commission on a DNA than a Note 2 or S3 for that matter. Even if there was a recall on a device, I just don't see them ever caring. Much like car salesmen.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Walked away with a new s3. Was really disappointed,price was not an issue they both cost the same. The associate was very convincing on the negative attributes of the DNA. I all ready have a s3 and am pleased.
    Last edited by Tool2510; 01-13-2013 at 09:06 PM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

So you walked away with another s3? Well maybe next time Verizon will be a bit more open and actually qualify what's best for you lol. :-(

Return of the Android
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

So you let the Verizon reps talk you out of what you really wanted?

The phone has a warranty for a reason, and you have 14 days to decide if you like it or not.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    GNex, HD Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool2510 View Post
    Walked away with a new s3. Was really disappointed,price was not an issue they both cost the same. The associate was very convincing on the negative attributes of the DNA. I all ready have a s3 and am pleased.
    I'm sorry to point out the contradiction here; but if you're saying you already have an S3 and you came in to buy a DNA and walked out with a new S3, yet you're pleased with the device already it begs the question of why you came in for the DNA in the first place -- were you looking to exchange it due to an issue with your current S3? Then that answers your question as to why he convinced you to do the S3 instead, a sales representative for any company will always try and dodge a return if he or she can prevent it. It's better for their pay check and VZW as a whole since it's one less returned device that they can no longer sell as new. I'm not saying that is the way a Verizon representative should sell, and like someone mentioned above you should be properly qualified by the sales rep for the device that suits YOUR needs.

I had the S3 before upgrading to the DNA and I can honestly say they both have their benefits of course but it felt more like a lateral move as opposed to an actual "upgrade". I haven't had any issues with the phone at all yet other than just getting used to HTC Sense all over again from when I had the TBolt. Hope this helps, you made a good choice either way.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    Phone
    R2 unit
    It seems to me that the representative did a good job. They guided him to a device that he's apparently very happy with.

Everyone complains about Verizon employees being unhelpful. Then when they do their job and make a customer happy, they're doing their job wrong?
    If we all agree on it, it must be true.[citation needed​]
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    51 times
    Phone
    Droid 2, 3, 4, & DNA
    They're probaly trying to get rid of S3s in anticipation of the S4 , especially since its specs were leaked and will sell like hotcakes.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    I am pleased. One of my other lines had a phone that was aging DroidX2 and I wanted what was "most current" at the time. I did not want the Samsung Tablet-like phone. So without thought the DNA came to mind, never heard of the DNA prior.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links