DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convince me to pay $640 for a DNA :)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Safety Razr

Re: Convince me to pay $640 for a DNA :)

This ^^^^.... I mean, you can wait for the "next best thing" but guess what, there's something waiting in the shadows that supposedly better. I got the S3 because it works for ME...
    Get a phone that works best for YOU and your wallet

sent from a Galaxy SIII near you
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    Forgot to mention one of the biggest reasons that I'm liking the DNA. The 5" screen is the perfect size for my old eyes. Fits great in the hand. That will be my size going forward. The Note 2 is a little big for me
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Never quite understood these threads...

Everyone's needs are different, and I believe you have a 30 day window, to try out a phone, and see if it fits YOUR needs!

My son has an iPhone5, and loves it! He's had it since they were released, and loves all of the accessories, loves the size, it works with his Apple computer he has for school, etc. etc.

Me? I wouldn't take an iPhone if it was given to me.

My point is, unless you don't have a return option when you buy outright (and I'd think you can purchase whichever phone from Best Buy, and be able to return it if you hate it), bite the bullet, make a choice, and buy one.

If you decide you hate it, take it back!

I've had the DNA for about 4 weeks, and absolutely love it!

I couldn't imagine lugging the Note2 around, each and every day, pulling it out of my shirt pocket? pants pocket?...(where exactly DO you keep the Note2, if you're a guy) man purse?, and slapping that monstrosity to the side of my face, each and every time I need to make a call, but hey.... that's ME.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Thanks to all those who have replied.

I'm still on 2.3.4, can jelly bean do flash? I heard there is a work around to Adobe's denial to support jelly bean?

Also, what's up with sense? I'm assuming we can root and ROM the DNA, right?

The reason I am favoring the DNA for now is the screen, people say it's the best on the market...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by yiannis View Post
    Thanks to all those who have replied.

I'm still on 2.3.4, can jelly bean do flash? I heard there is a work around to Adobe's denial to support jelly bean?

Also, what's up with sense? I'm assuming we can root and ROM the DNA, right?

The reason I am favoring the DNA for now is the screen, people say it's the best on the market...
    Yes you can root it albeit not as easy as some other phones, but there are youtube videos out there that show the process. I think you can check out DroidModd3rX he has some very helpful videos on all things Android. . There are a few rom's out there to try, but I have read that this version of Sense is not all bad. That being said, there are other options if you so choose. I would think more will be coming down the road.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Quote Originally Posted by Shel View Post
    I couldn't imagine lugging the Note2 around, each and every day, pulling it out of my shirt pocket? pants pocket?...(where exactly DO you keep the Note2, if you're a guy) man purse?, and slapping that monstrosity to the side of my face, each and every time I need to make a call, but hey.... that's ME.
    I agree to each their own, but as a note 2 owner, I can tell you it's actually very easy. It's a big phone, but it's very thin. I wear regular fitting jeans and have no issues getting it in and out if my pocket with ease.

You get used to the size of the phone quickly when its in your hands.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Bolted, for now..

Try this website...

Have you heard of swappa? Its a website where people sell their new- slightly new- slightly used- used phones. It's a great website to look at for phones that you may want to buy outright instead of through contract. I purchased a GNex from the website for $185, the phone was in immaculate condition. Then just purchased a DNA for $550, with all original accessories, box, and film still on the screen. The website uses paypal for secure transactions and buyer protection in case of discrepancies. Just browse the sight, sometimes refurbed/used phones are not peoples thing..
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Bionic

Can't recommend the Note 2 enough. I came from the Bionic as well, and the quad core / 2G heart of that beast is astonishing.

The screen is awesome for mid-40s eyes, and it is so thin, it is easy to stash in a pocket.

2 cents.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links