DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: question about the battey from heavy user...

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

question about the battey from heavy user...

I am an owner of Droid Charge and am fed up of the phone and want to upgrade to Maxx HD or DNA but the only thing that doesnt make DNA a surething for me is the battery life. Can some owners who has similar usages of their DNAs to mine advise me? I have a couple of examples of my uses:
    1. I use wifi whenever i can, on a "typical day" with wifi on my droid charge can last "all day" (mind you i am near computers a lot so even though it is on wifi i am not really using the phone)
    2. When i am out (usually weekends) and have no wifi access my Droid charge maybe last 3 hours or so with web surfing as the main culprit.
    3. I was at a party over new years and i used up 2 full batteries on droid charge within 5 hours doing web surfing.

I do have an unbloated charge...
    So back to my original concern, will the DNA last the whole day if there's some heavy websurfing going on or it is better of with a maxx?

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: question about the battey from heavy user...

From what I read previously on these forums and based specifically on what you said, the dna is absolutely not for you lol. Stick with the maxx hd, maybe check out the note 2 (both King of battery power), or wait for a new phone. Based off Motorola past, we are about to see a razr m hd maxx lolololololololol.

Return of the Android
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    I would like to hear from others on this topic as well. I'm planning on getting this phone, but have some reservations on this point. I've read some posts saying battery easily lasts into the evening and then some others that have said it only lasts a few hours. Can't tell who is being honest versus who just hates HTC

Any other thoughts from heavy users?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    From what I read previously on these forums and based specifically on what you said, the dna is absolutely not for you lol. Stick with the maxx hd, maybe check out the note 2 (both King of battery power), or wait for a new phone. Based off Motorola past, we are about to see a razr m hd maxx lolololololololol.

Return of the Android
    i really would like to hear more about "on the go" users because many people i have read say the battery is good almost always using wifi which really distorts the battery life - i mean i am OK with charge within wifi but what about going out with no wifi you know? i think i wouldnt have hesitated at all on the dna IF the battery could be switched out... not sure why they think it is a good idea for non-removable battery especially the battery itself is not top of the line....
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    This is mine right now! Heavy user on 4g at all times. I do a lot of web surfing, instagram, tweeter etc. It last me all day. I also have the razr maxx. DNA screen quality = I'm in love!

question about the battey from heavy user...-forumrunner_20130102_235301.png
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Just came from the Maxx and loved not having to worry about the battery. Tentatively got the DNA because was very concerned with battery size. Thought about the Note 2 since it has same battery size as Maxx but with a screen that size, it won't last the same. Given you are on this forum, this is probably not the first smartphone you have had which means you know battery management since they have all sucked. Pun intended. I am happy with the DNA given I do the following. I use Atomatelt to manage connections.

The biggest battery saver is getting me off 4G when my screen shuts off and putting me back on when my screen turns on. It is very fast so all I do is push the top button and my emails download immediately and have internet as well.

I also get on Wifi at work and home without paying attention based on cell location, not perfect but works good enough and better than using GPS which sucks battery as well.

In the end, I wind up with 65% battery left after 12 hours. This is on stock unrooted. I make calls, listen to music, browse and get three email accounts updated.

BUT, I just bought a backup battery hub, 5600mA, to rejuice when traveling since I don't want to hassle with plugs in airports.

My final two cents is that the Maxx lasts for days with this same management but there is nothing else great about it. You can root and flash all you want and it never ends because it just does the same **** but with a slighty different look. The DNA is beautiful, Sense is very cool and it is smokin fast. I like HTC over Samsung and Motorola and have had them all. Flashed hundreds of times. Don't care to flash the DNA since I am happy with it.

It's kind of like driving a mediocre car and coveting nice cars. You can tint the windows, add an exhaust pipe, put nice wheels on it but its still a decorated mediocre car. The DNA is the car you have been coveting. No decorations or flashing needed.
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member

Re: question about the battey from heavy user...

In glad you like your phone but again that's your opinion. The only real way to know which one fits you best is to get your hands on all of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Caesars likes this.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I had the Razr Maxx which, in my opinion, was just a boring phone, as mentioned by another user. I then bought the Galaxy S3 and it wasn't a bad phone but battery life with the stock battery was okay. I often would not make it through the day surfing, checking emails, texting, and playing games. I bought the HTC DNA and was a little hesitant at first, because of the battery, but I am pleased to say I have found the battery to easily last all day with the same usage as my S3. In fact, it has bested my S3 every single day. The phone is beautiful and the display is stunning.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    razr maxx
    While I admit I am fascinated with the dna ,I did decide on the RAZR Maxx HD...I consider the DNA as a stepping stone to better phones in the near future. In the meantime, I am enjoying superior battery life,the same operating system,and extended storage all while having every feature enabled GPS etc...
    What I have noticed on this forum is how in order to get better battery life on the dna ,many people are shutting off features in order to extend battery life. Why, when given a choice of devices ,one would choose a device that they can't use all of its features all of the time while still getting incredible battery life is beyond me...all for a nicer screen?
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by rndchef View Post
    Just came from the Maxx and loved not having to worry about the battery. Tentatively got the DNA because was very concerned with battery size. Thought about the Note 2 since it has same battery size as Maxx but with a screen that size, it won't last the same. Given you are on this forum, this is probably not the first smartphone you have had which means you know battery management since they have all sucked. Pun intended. I am happy with the DNA given I do the following. I use Atomatelt to manage connections.

The biggest battery saver is getting me off 4G when my screen shuts off and putting me back on when my screen turns on. It is very fast so all I do is push the top button and my emails download immediately and have internet as well.

I also get on Wifi at work and home without paying attention based on cell location, not perfect but works good enough and better than using GPS which sucks battery as well.

In the end, I wind up with 65% battery left after 12 hours. This is on stock unrooted. I make calls, listen to music, browse and get three email accounts updated.

BUT, I just bought a backup battery hub, 5600mA, to rejuice when traveling since I don't want to hassle with plugs in airports.

My final two cents is that the Maxx lasts for days with this same management but there is nothing else great about it. You can root and flash all you want and it never ends because it just does the same **** but with a slighty different look. The DNA is beautiful, Sense is very cool and it is smokin fast. I like HTC over Samsung and Motorola and have had them all. Flashed hundreds of times. Don't care to flash the DNA since I am happy with it.

It's kind of like driving a mediocre car and coveting nice cars. You can tint the windows, add an exhaust pipe, put nice wheels on it but its still a decorated mediocre car. The DNA is the car you have been coveting. No decorations or flashing needed.
    So what you are saying is you are "offline" when you turn your screen off so you wont be receiving any emails etc unless you turn your phone back on? have your phone lasted for you on a day out with no wifi and some mod-heavy use such as shopping outside with price checking/web browsing etc? I have no real concerns on my everyday activity but more about "no wifi" if i am out and about.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links