DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: how do u like the DNA?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Re: how do u like the DNA?

There are these things called EXTENDED BATTERY PACKS that can fit into n a pocket or on a keychain. depends on your battery needs. Just bought a 9000 mah extended pack from Verizon. My wife carries it. I also own a mophie pack on my keychain. 1000 mah. As far as storage, that is a personal preference. I remember when iphones maxed at 16. Dont see myself needing more than that. Got 6 gb of music. The rest of the space can be managed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    My phone is now a part of my DNA.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by cp24eva View Post
    There are these things called EXTENDED BATTERY PACKS that can fit into n a pocket or on a keychain. depends on your battery needs. Just bought a 9000 mah extended pack from Verizon. My wife carries it. I also own a mophie pack on my keychain. 1000 mah. As far as storage, that is a personal preference. I remember when iphones maxed at 16. Dont see myself needing more than that. Got 6 gb of music. The rest of the space can be managed.

glad for you, but this phones shortcomings will hurt its sales, there is a reason the S3 has sold extremely well, it has everything that you need in regards to a smartphone, with removable battery, micro sd card slot for up to an additional 64 gigs of storage. The DNA is a fantastic phones with serious flaws, sorry but when you charge over five bills for a smartphone there should be no reason to leave these two features out. Eleven gigs of usable storage is a joke in this day and age.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums
    Last edited by cybertec69; 12-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

The DNA has plenty of strong points, and you may be right. But most people are buying the gs3 because of the name alone. Yes it does have alot of good selling points as well, but not everyone has the same exact needs. Samsung does great advertising unlike HTC. Htc doesnt for some reason. My dad also has the gs3 as well as me and my wife at one point. Didnt live up to its potential in the stability department. But experiences may differ across the board. In general, i dont care about how a phone is selling. I care more about how it fits my needs.

4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I personally own the 32GB Nexus, and I don't think you should have to "manage" memory. Granted it's different for each user, I like knowing I've got all this storage available if I need it. And I saw where someone said the DNA being quadcore and the S3 only being dual gives the advantage to the DNA. On 4g the S3 is blazing fast. Hard to beat all that optional storage with the S3.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Im not saying the gs3 sucks at all, but its overhyped a bit. Owning one for a month i wasnt impressed much. The design was ok and i noticed that i would even reach the 16 gb threshold that the latest htc phones have. Battery usages vary as well. Im not that far away from a charge at anytime and i easily get at least 10 hours without wifi and rooting and roms. For others i could see how the battery could be a problem

6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    DroidForums.net Developer
    personally i get around 48 hours per charge and get quadrent scores of 9500 which is badass. my droid 4 got 3600
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    plus if your really starving for mem u can always plug in a usb dongle cuz its supported. it may be good for flights if u want a bunch of movies.
    Sherry likes this.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA

Yea, some people would rather the memory be internal. Lol. The phone is really fluid. Best performance ive gotten on a phone period.

9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Twitter
    myfishbear
    Phone
    Droid 1, 4, DNA
    obviously lol... but its easy to use a usb mem stick if your on a plane.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus 4G LTE
    Wow only 16gb memory and no microsd card slot? That may make this phone a no buy for me. Yeah the performance sounds great but why did HTC get stingy with internal memory and no way to expand it? Yes, you can use USB dongles but I really don't want to have to carry those with me when I travel. I currently have the Nexus (4G LTE) and it has no microsd card slot but it does have 32gb of storage. Hmm..I will have to sit down and think about it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links