DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HTC DNA or Droid Razr Maxx HD?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    Concept key lime pie, the link is on his post.
    I am actually running this theme now over Nova Launcher. I was wondering which particular clock app that is as it doesn't seem to come with the theme. Unless I am just missing it.
    Current: LG G2 white
    Previous: Droid DNA; Droid X2 rooted; Droid X; Droid (Original) rooted.
  2. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Looks like an ultimate custom clock widget, to me. I could be wrong as often I am.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    My apologies, I thought that link entailed everything.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Hey guys,

I posted this thread when I was really on the fence about which phone I wanted.
    I just wanted to update you on what's happened since then.

I bought got DNA, thought I hated it, and bought the MAXX. I ended up hating the MAXX even more. It was slow and laggy, unlike the DNA. And the battery isn't even that impressive, IMO. Then I returned that and kept the DNA.
    A couple of months later, I LOVE THIS PHONE!! The battery is above average, it works for me. I unplug it in the morning and charge it at night. I don't need extra memory in my phone because I don't listen to music on it. The camera is great, I use it all the time. It's not laggy! It's runs perfectly. The screen is big and clear. I Just love everything about the phone and I definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jessie
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Sounds like you are content (purr). You achieved the ultimate sales goal. A happy customer, you. But let me the first one to tell you how big of a mistake you made yadayadayada...... had you ongoing there for a minute didn't I. Enjoy your phone. Congrats.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    OMG, I just got my Droid DNA yesterday and absolutely LOVE it!!! After struggling with my decision between the DNA and the Razr HD, I went with the DNA.

The screen, resolution is beautiful, love the size ... will be much better for my aging eyes for games, e-mails, maps, driving directions, etc. It's super fast and the cell reception is way better than I ever expected. I'm in a marginal 3G area, but this phone picks up a 4G signal over half the time. My download speeds have gone from less than 1 MB to over 5 MB, sometimes up towards 8!!!! Am I a happy camper??? YOU BET! With no DSL or cable, this is my only internet access. I had a Verizon MiFi for almost 2 years and it was greatly inferior to using my Droid X2 as a hotspot; then, compared to this DNA, it was pathetic!!!

If you can live with the 16GB, this phone is the best out there I think. (As CNET review has also said.)

Quote Originally Posted by jessieyeahh View Post
    Hey guys,

I posted this thread when I was really on the fence about which phone I wanted.
    I just wanted to update you on what's happened since then.

I bought got DNA, thought I hated it, and bought the MAXX. I ended up hating the MAXX even more. It was slow and laggy, unlike the DNA. And the battery isn't even that impressive, IMO. Then I returned that and kept the DNA.
    A couple of months later, I LOVE THIS PHONE!! The battery is above average, it works for me. I unplug it in the morning and charge it at night. I don't need extra memory in my phone because I don't listen to music on it. The camera is great, I use it all the time. It's not laggy! It's runs perfectly. The screen is big and clear. I Just love everything about the phone and I definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jessie
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    I just got mine on Thursday after being on the fence as well between the DNA and the Razr HD Maxx. The DNA is awesome. For anyone else reading this thread; If you are on the fence, go play with it at a store. Unless you need a ton of memory and refuse to use some sort of USB or the cloud, then this is the best Verizon has to offer. Don't over-research like I did and drive yourself crazy. Just my 2 cents. Congrats to Jesse and JennyM.
    JennyM likes this.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Hello jessieyeahh, JennyM and WhoDunIt,

It's great you love your DNAs as much as I love mine. Glad you made a great choice!

Given our rapid technological arms race*, if you're going to keep yours for roughly two years I think it's best to get the most advanced phone possible when you upgrade. That way you at least get a running start on not becoming totally obsolete before your next upgrade time.

[*] Eg, while the DNA is one of a few quad-core phones right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see quad-core as the standard for new releases (not to mention dual-core as the absolute minimum for non-obsolesence) before 2013 is out, and one or more eight-core phones on the market (with perhaps quad-core as the minimum) before 2014 is out. I don't expect to replace mine before 2015.

What do you think? In particular, do you feel that X-core is a good overall proxy for how advanced a phone is?

Jeff Deutsch
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    I guess that will always be par for the course with technology. The more powerful a gadget is, the more sought after if will be. When is it overkill. Unless all the extra cores, etc in a phone can make the battery last for days. This phone is more than I need for what I use it for. Its a great toy and I enjoy it. I was looking for a great music player -- as far as the sound coming out, a large keyboard, a beautiful screen and, oh yeah a good telephone.... ;-). With the equaliser app I like and Beats Audio, I have my music set. The screen speaks for itself and I can wait to watch baseball and football on it when I'm away from home. The radios in the phone work flawlessly, at least in upstate NY. The speed of this phone is amazing to me and a bonus. I do not require a ton of storage as I only have a few photos of my kids and some wallpapers I like. I have a few hundred songs in my library and I enjoy Pandora. I still have just under 10 gigs to go. If one played heavy HD games, stored on phone, or tons of music/HD movies, I could see where they could be disappointed. How much faster could any more cores make this phone. I guess it comes down to personal use. An avid gamer reading the previos sentence is either choking or cursing me :-) Camera is very good to me. If I need a real photo, out comes the real camera. I'm not taking photos of my sons playing baseball and expecting to catch a great shot of them in action with a phone. I will be set with this phone until it dies.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Something else I didn't consider, didn't even know, when I bought my DNA ... it is Qi-enabled. A big plus as it's one of the few out there that you don't have to buy and "dress" your phone with some stupid Qi-enabled cover or battery door plate. Since I use my phone as a hotspot, I need to keep it charging as much as possible, and hate another cable across my desk. So, a wireless Qi charging pad looks like a great bonus for this phone.

So, two questions: (1) Do any of you know for sure if it can be charging on a Qi pad while utilizing the phone as a hotspot??? (2) Can any of you rate the various options? I'm looking at the Energizer Single Inductive Charger (if I can get one ... currently on pre-order); also the Zens Wireless Single Charger (if it can be found available); also the Nokia DT-900 pad. I really don't want to pay as much as the Nokia Orb, but it looks nice. Then there's a bunch of Qi charging pads on ebay from China/Hong Kong; I don't dare trust them unless others have good reviews.

Any input would be appreciated. BTW, there is another thread somewhere on Qi chargers, but wanted to tap into this group.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links