DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Droid DNA Battery Life?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Battery update, 21 hrs

Just to update from yesterday, turned the phone off last night with 14 hrs on the battery and back on this morning , time on now 22 hrs (14 yesterday and 8 so far today) with 69% still remaining on the battery. Not a lot of use this morning but did receive 11 emails and viewed a few web pages and looked at the weather, radar and forecast. Played a little with a few phone settings. Not heavy use like yesterday but the battery has only been charged once so it still isn't fully conditioned yet either.

Looking like i may be able to go for 3 days without charging in between.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    2nd day, and this time, after 12 hours, I still have 47% left.

Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    I just did a little battery test comparing the DNA to my Razr Maxx. Charged both overnight so both were fully charged then turned on Wifi and set brightness to max as well. I then played a 2hr. Netflix movie on both(same movie). Results are.... DNA battery is at 55% Razr Maxx battery is at 83%
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: Droid DNA Battery Life?

I wonder if the type of 3g tower has anything to do with the major discrepancies everyone is seeing with our different models/locations. If I remember right, Verizon bought out many carriers that weren't all 850/800 mhz, could the constant "hard hand off" between cdma towers impact battery life? I may be totally inaccurate here but I barely remember these things hehe.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Just got my new DNA and I'm very pleased with it.
    I played with it most of the day and it still had 35% after 10hrs.
    It would be nice if it had more battery time but it's fine.
    I work in a office all day so I can charge if needed.

Droid DNA Battery Life?-screenshot_2012-12-02-20-54-23.png
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Driod X Rooted
    In my opinion, if your phone makes it threw the day and you only have to charge it at night its a winner. My previous phone what drain the battery so fast and get hot it wouldn't even make it through a 6 hours on STANDBY! My best results so far is 21hours.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by heath223 View Post
    I just did a little battery test comparing the DNA to my Razr Maxx. Charged both overnight so both were fully charged then turned on Wifi and set brightness to max as well. I then played a 2hr. Netflix movie on both(same movie). Results are.... DNA battery is at 55% Razr Maxx battery is at 83%
    The Razr Maxx has been sold as having exceptional battery life since its inception.

Your comparison isn't really fair.

It's like comparing a Prius with a Ferrari. The Prius obviously will get better fuel economy. But the Ferrari has a much higher cool factor.

Which is better? Depends entirely on your priorities.

But back to phones... If your main concern is battery life, then the DNA may not be the best choice for you. But for most people, the battery in the DNA should be just fine. Most people will be able to make it through their work day, whatever that may entail, and still have juice left over at the end of the day. And then all of us will charge it over night and start all over again...

Personally I am more than satisfied with my phone's battery performance so far.
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    The Razr Maxx has been sold as having exceptional battery life since its inception.

Your comparison isn't really fair.

It's like comparing a Prius with a Ferrari. The Prius obviously will get better fuel economy. But the Ferrari has a much higher cool factor.

Which is better? Depends entirely on your priorities.

But back to phones... If your main concern is battery life, then the DNA may not be the best choice for you. But for most people, the battery in the DNA should be just fine. Most people will be able to make it through their work day, whatever that may entail, and still have juice left over at the end of the day. And then all of us will charge it over night and start all over again...

Personally I am more than satisfied with my phone's battery performance so far.
    I don't think the DNA vs. Maxx was a "My Maxx can beat your DNA" comparison, but just posted for a point of reference. I think everyone knows that the Maxx is still the king of battery life, but the real question is: Is the DNA battery life good enough for what you need?
    Having a comparison to the Maxx may help some people decide. Looks to me like the DNA may have great battery life for the screen size and size of the battery.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaod View Post
    I don't think the DNA vs. Maxx was a "My Maxx can beat your DNA" comparison, but just posted for a point of reference. I think everyone knows that the Maxx is still the king of battery life, but the real question is: Is the DNA battery life good enough for what you need?
    Having a comparison to the Maxx may help some people decide. Looks to me like the DNA may have great battery life for the screen size and size of the battery.
    I agree, I think the DNA has exemplary battery life given the hardware configuration. It appears that most people's concerns about the size of the battery were unfounded.
    Droid DNA, Nexus 7
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    I agree, I think the DNA has exemplary battery life given the hardware configuration. It appears that most people's concerns about the size of the battery were unfounded.
    I agree. It looks like this phone has amazing battery life considering the hardware configuration. I think most people that were/are nervous about battery life might have experiences that precipitate that fear. I got the HTC Thunderbolt on release day and had issues with mediocre/poor battery life. I have the Maxx now and it's the opposite end of the battery spectrum. There are certainly other examples of phones that burned us with great hardware, but poor battery life. It seems like HTC may have learned their lesson and tweaked things to maximize battery life.
    It's an awesome looking phone, and seems to be living up to the high expectations.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links