DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeutsch View Post
    Hello cdogg777,

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain that please?

Thanks!

Jeff Deutsch
    You asked if there was a forum HERE with deals and sales? I have no idea, therefore if there is..."i dont want to take hits away" but I have a different deal/sale website. Also, most forum mods frown upon posting another websites links. Specially when that website is also a forum of sorts.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Love my new DNA! upgraded from a bottom of the barrel LG vortex. Couldn't get the wifi to connect anywhere until I found a fix on the verizon forums. Checked 'get best signal from wifi' and a few other things under the wifi settings. I love this phone!!!
    wicked likes this.
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    999 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vonpeedler View Post
    Love my new DNA! upgraded from a bottom of the barrel LG vortex. Couldn't get the wifi to connect anywhere until I found a fix on the verizon forums. Checked 'get best signal from wifi' and a few other things under the wifi settings. I love this phone!!!
    Congrats and welcome to Droid Forums!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Hello cdogg777,

it looks like each of us is having difficulty making oneself clear to the other.

I'm asking specifically about the phrase "take hits from this page". By "take hits from" do you mean take damage from, as in by the risk of malware on certain sites? Or do you mean induce people to go from one site to another? Or something else entirely?

Also, by "this page" do you mean droidforums.net or one or more of the sites you pointed out?

Thank you very much, and enjoy your weekend!

Jeff Deutsch
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeutsch View Post
    Hello cdogg777,

it looks like each of us is having difficulty making oneself clear to the other.

I'm asking specifically about the phrase "take hits from this page". By "take hits from" do you mean take damage from, as in by the risk of malware on certain sites? Or do you mean induce people to go from one site to another? Or something else entirely?

Also, by "this page" do you mean droidforums.net or one or more of the sites you pointed out?

Thank you very much, and enjoy your weekend!

Jeff Deutsch
    Not sure how else to explain it man. A "hit", or web hit, is a term used for when someone goes to your website. If I click on a link, I just gave that website a "hit". +1 to their hitcount. Does that make sense? So by giving a link to another webpage, you may be indirectly taking "hits" away from the page where you posted the link. Whoever owns a page wants webhits. It's a pretty standard term used around the internet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hit_(Internet)
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Hello cdogg777,

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg777 View Post
    Not sure how else to explain it man. A "hit", or web hit, is a term used for when someone goes to your website. If I click on a link, I just gave that website a "hit". +1 to their hitcount. Does that make sense? So by giving a link to another webpage, you may be indirectly taking "hits" away from the page where you posted the link. Whoever owns a page wants webhits. It's a pretty standard term used around the internet.
    Hit (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Now that you've explained your use of that phrase in detail, it makes sense in the context you gave it. Thank you!

Please note that "taking hits" has certain other, also quite standard, meanings, and given how sparsely you put it originally I didn't want to make assumptions.

Take a hit Or Take the hit - WordReference Forums

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...ng%20the%20hit

Thanks again for your courtesy, and have a great rest of your day!

Jeff Deutsch
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Just two questions before I go pick up a DNA tomorrow. First, do I have to use the cloud (google play) for pics and songs? And also what happens to all my pics and songs on my old device, HTC Incredible 2? How do they switch over to the DNA if it does'nt have a removable SD card?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by vannDROID View Post
    Just two questions before I go pick up a DNA tomorrow. First, do I have to use the cloud (google play) for pics and songs? And also what happens to all my pics and songs on my old device, HTC Incredible 2? How do they switch over to the DNA if it does'nt have a removable SD card?
    No.

You need to either use the cloud or put them on your PC. Connect your phone and usb to computer. Set phone to act as storage decvice(not charge only). Save files off to PC, once u get your new phone connect new phone to pc and move files back. DNA will pick up all files automatically. I did this already. Also, don't sell your phone back to verizon right away. Wait until you are sure you have removed everything you need. Also, be careful of the automatic download of ALL your apps and games.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC DNA
    Cool....Thx dogg!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Twitter
    @indee83
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    I wasn't eligible for upgrade until August 2013. I had an unlimited data plan, 450 minutes and 1K text. I walked in ready to pay full retail price in the morning. I decided to do some shopping and I returned later in the afternoon, asked for the same sales associate I talked to in the am so she could get the commission (she wasn't pushy). I was able to pick up the Droid DNA with an early upgrade for $300 plus $30 fee. After tax it came to $357. The sales woman also told me she was authorized to give whatever the difference is between what I paid for half the retail cost of the phone and the offer price of the DNA to new customers ($199) So the renwal of my contract (been with verizon since 2009) for $357 after tax gave me a new Droid Dna, a Nokia powermat (wireless charging station) an Otterbox defender case and a verizon car charger. I literally walked out with the Droid DNA and a bag full of accesories. I did give up my unlimited data plan but in all honesty, the usage history showed I don't go above 1.5 GB of data (when not using wifi) and both my home and work have wifi so I really don't use that much data.

The other cool part of this is that I paid $357, sold the clunky otterbox for $36, sold the iphone 4s I was using for $340, kept the $50 wireless charging station I would have bought anyway and $20 car charger, the ETF fee for breaking my contract is $350. So I got a $600 device plus $120 worth of extras for extending a contract I could cancel 28 days from now for $350 if I wanted to switch carriers. (after 30 days verizon wont ask for the device to be returned). I have no plans to cancel but to say the least, yesterday was an awesome day. I studied economics in college for a bit before I switched majors, I'll take a deal like that any day. Stoked!

Oh and my Droid DNA beat the hell out of my buddy's iphone 5 on speedtest.net so that was just an extra pat on the back.
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links