DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member

Re: The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

Quote Originally Posted by raw157 View Post
    General question here:

How do ya'll afford the newest phones all the time? I usually do it every 2 years but I feel like lots of people are always getting the latest phones. Are you just paying full retail value on these things? Or is there a secret I'm missing out on?

Thanks
    raw
    Selling full retail, buying full retail. Doesn't work great if you're going from a really old device to a new one, but normally you can recoup a chunk of the cost by selling your current device outright.

--
    sent from my S3
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD

Quote Originally Posted by lightonfuel View Post
    I just got my DNA last week. This is my first ever non-Apple product so I feel slightly out of my element. I love the screen and the different (non-apple) way of navigating through the phone and it's features. All in all, I'm generally happy with the phone.

However, i have noticed a few bugs. First, I had the 4G icon on my phone when I arrived at work yesterday morning, but through the course of the day it changed to 3G and then it completely turned off. It was pretty much the same this morning so I decided to shut the phone down. Now it displays 4G, again. Why is this?

Also, a buddy suggested that I install Go Launcher, which I did, but I noticed that sometimes Go Launcher isn't working when I exit an app and I have to start it again. Angry Birds Star Wars won't let me start a single board: It keeps dumping back onto the home screen when I try to start a board (Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled it). And lastly, Apps that I close in the settings mysteriously turn right back on....very annoying.

I'm not a very tech savvy person but I'm not completely foreign to technology either. I'll just assume that there is a very steep learning curve for this new (to me) OS. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    I have no idea about the data probles, but you might want to try reseating your sim card. As for the launcher. I've never had anything but problems with go launcher. I would recommend you try Nova launcher, or Apex launcher. Both give you a launcher expeiriece that is about as close to stock android as possible, and very smooth at that:-)
    Last edited by Lykarsis; 01-04-2013 at 09:56 AM.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
    I have no idea about the data probles, but you might want to try reseating your sim card. As for the launcher. I've never had anything but problems with go launcher. I would recommend you try Nova launcher, or Apex launcher. Both give you a launcher expeiriece that is about as close to stock android as possible, and very smooth at that:-)
    Thanks, I'll check those out.
    Would you happen to know how I get rid of all these apps that keep running, even after I stop them (like Amazon) and don't have an "uninstall" option? Thanks again.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Hello jntdroid,

From what I've seen*, smartphones depreciate even more rapidly than PCs and laptops. What do you do to get even a respectable chunk of your original cost back when you sell your old phone?

[*] Not only commentary I've read but also my own experience. In February '11, I got my wife and myself Motorola Pros - which had just come out a few months earlier - from Verizon for c $260 total (they were c $179.99 each with a two-year contract and I got $100 off special). Within a year and a half, Verizon was giving them away free (with a contract, natch). Even though they're still in 100% working order, the best offer I can find online for the pair is $30 - total, plus shipping - from BuyMyTronics.

Thanks!

Jeff Deutsch
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yes I am just bragging. I got my DNA for $50.

LetsTalk Wireless had it on there for $99, free overnight shipping. They had a $10 coupon code. Mr.Rebates had a $35 rebate + $5 for first time users. = $50 DNA.

Playing with it now, it's amazing. Trying to decide what launchers etc to use.
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Congratulations cdogg777 on your great deal, and thank you for letting the rest of us know where you got it!

PS: Do we already have a forum dedicated to listing places offering great deals?

Jeff Deutsch
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg777 View Post
    Yes I am just bragging. I got my DNA for $50.

LetsTalk Wireless had it on there for $99, free overnight shipping. They had a $10 coupon code. Mr.Rebates had a $35 rebate + $5 for first time users. = $50 DNA.

Playing with it now, it's amazing. Trying to decide what launchers etc to use.
    You got this price without having a contract?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeutsch View Post
    Congratulations cdogg777 on your great deal, and thank you for letting the rest of us know where you got it!

PS: Do we already have a forum dedicated to listing places offering great deals?

Jeff Deutsch
    NP. I don't want to take hits from this page, but i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend slickdeals for any electronic sale you are looking for. I got both my 60in plasma and my new droid from amazing deals found on that website.

Quote Originally Posted by pb1bicdic View Post
    You got this price without having a contract?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Oh no. It's $199 with just a verizon contract. Amazon has it for $149 but that signs you up for a 6mo contract with amazon along with your 2yr contract with verizon. LetsTalk and other website do the exact same thing. You sign a 6mo contract with them as well as the 2yr with verizon(or whoever your carrier is). The issue with their contract is that once signed, you can't change ANYTHING or you void it....within 6mo. So if you don't plan to change anything in 6mo then it's a steal I think!
    JeffreyDeutsch likes this.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid DNA
    Got mine Saturday. Can anyone tell me how to use emoticons in text? Thanks
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    DNA
    Hello cdogg777,

Quote Originally Posted by cdogg777 View Post
    I don't want to take hits from this page
    I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain that please?

Thanks!

Jeff Deutsch
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links