A DROID 2 Global Custom ROM
** PUBLIC BETA **
Please, remember this is a *BETA* build. There will still likely be bugs.
- I take no responsibility for any damage to your device. You are installing this at * YOUR OWN RISK *. If you are not comfortable with the possibility you may have to .SBF your phone back to stock, do NOT install this ROM.
Current version: 0.9.3 BETA
Based on: DROID 2 Global 2.4.330 (Android 2.2) System Software
File Size: 94.7 MB (99,331,432 bytes)
MD5 Hash: 03C65AC2E2C8F0494AE0EA2AC8BEEED3
Please make sure you compare the MD5 Hash and/or file size of the file you've downloaded to make sure you are getting a complete file, and not one that has been tampered with or has been corrupted!
IT IS RECOMMENDED TO COME FROM STOCK. SBF, THEN UPDATE TO 2.4.330 VIA OTA, ROOT, AND INSTALL THIS ROM
- Place the file (fenom-0.9.3-d2g-beta.zip) on your SD Card
- Reboot to Clockwork Recovery, using Koush's Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap, found in the Android Market, or HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS.
- **** WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET ****
- This means, WIPE DATA AND CACHE
- Choose "install zip from sdcard"
- Choose "choose zip form sdcard"
- Select the .zip file you downloaded, install, and reboot!
- Based on 2.4.330 framework (** Credit to Team GET~R~DONE for many things with this **)
- BLUR IS AS GONE AS IT CAN BE!
- Deodexed, Opti-pnged, Zip-aligned
- Bloat and useless CRAP removed
- Build.prop tweaks, optimizations, and hacks
- Gingerbread theme and some of the framework from Fission ROM (** Credit to Team DeFuse **)
- Double thanks to Team DeFuse and Team GET~R~DONE, they made my life much easier with what they'd already done and discovered!
- 10% battery icons (** Credit to Peter Alfonso (Bugless Beast) for the icons **)
- Includes DROID Pro boot animation
- Includes DROID 2 Recovery Bootstrap (** Credit to Koush **)
- REMOVED Blur Launcher
- Replaced with LauncherPro 0.8.5 (** Credit to Fede **)
- REMOVED Blur Contacts/Dialer Apps
- Replaced with themed stock Android Contacts/Dialer Apps 2.2
- REMOVED Blur SMS/Universal Inbox/Messaging App(s)
- Replaced with themed/modded Android 2.2.1 SMS App (Black Background version) (** Credit to CyanogenMod **)
- REMOVED Blur Desk Clock/Alarm App
- Replaced with stock Android Desk Clock App 2.2.1
- REMOVED Blur E-Mail App
- Replaced with stock Android E-Mail App 2.2
- REMOVED Blur File Manager
- Replaced with OI File Manager 1.1.4 (** Credit to OpenIntents **)
- REMOVED Blur Calendar
- Replaced with stock Android Calendar App 2.2.1
- FIXES Calendar Force-Close issue from 0.7.6
- REMOVED Blur Gallery App
- Replaced with stock Google/Cooliris Gallery3D 1.1.30682
- REMOVED Blur Car Home App
- Replaced with Google Car Home App 18.104.22.168
- REMOVED Stock Music App
- Replaced with Music Mod 1.8 (** Credit to Eliot Stocker @ PirateMedia **)
- Updated Google Search Box (QuickSearchBox) to 22.214.171.124376
- Updated Voice Search to 2.1.1
- Updated News & Weather App (GenieWidget) to 1.3.04(PROD)
- Updated Android Market to 2.3.6
- Added Spare Parts 2.2.1
- Added Alarm Clock app (** Credit to Peter Alfonso (Bugless Beast) **)
- Added DROID 2 Global stock QuickOffice App 3.3.67
- Fixed Market Force-Close issue
- Fixed MusicMod Force-Close and other media app Force-Close issue(s)
- Fixed Contacts/Calendar/Gmail sync issues
- Updated E-mail app to 2.2.2
- Disabled "blur on shut down" overly unnecessary/overly laggy "effect"
- Minor tweaks to the theme
- Updated Gallery3D to Gallery3D Mod (** Credit to Number22 **)
- Re-included the stock DROID 2 boot animation. The DROID Pro animation just didn't fit, in my opinion.
The following apps are NOT included as part of this ROM. Please download them from the Android Market for the latest versions:
- Google Maps
- Swype (this is the URL to sign up for the beta)
This is, what I consider, a feature-complete ROM. At this point, I'm heading to bug-hunt mode. If you want to know what it looks like, look at stock Gingerbread, and you'll know.
Also, the large version number jump is due to, what I feel is, a significant change from the Alpha. This was originally going to be version 0.8.0, but being that I had to go back through and re-do pretty much all of the work I had done, I decided to bump the version again. In the process, I learned new things and incorporated them the best I could.