DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Mms

I have to say this is sweet. Runs like a champ and I thank all involved for that.. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed 2 things though.
    1st, once or twice I lost all reception (data and phone), reboot and wait fixed it for me.
    2nd, I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I can receive them, but I lost the ability to send them. When I first installed the ROM it worked. But slowly the ability went away. I didnt change any settings, themes, etc and poof gone...
    Anyone else? Thoughts?
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2droid View Post
    I have to say this is sweet. Runs like a champ and I thank all involved for that.. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed 2 things though.
    1st, once or twice I lost all reception (data and phone), reboot and wait fixed it for me.
    2nd, I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I can receive them, but I lost the ability to send them. When I first installed the ROM it worked. But slowly the ability went away. I didnt change any settings, themes, etc and poof gone...
    Anyone else? Thoughts?
    What messaging program are you using? Did you delete or freeze the stock program?

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    No freezing. It was the stock app that came with the rom. Using go sms. Helped a bunch but not completely.
    I have had the same problem with 3 different ICS roms. That and the phone not recognizing the external sdcard.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    No freezing. It was the stock app that came with the rom. Using go sms. Helped a bunch but not completely.
    I have had the same problem with 3 different ICS roms. That and the phone not recognizing the external sdcard.

Go SMS (and most of the other messaging apps too) uses the stock app tosend and receive mms messages. If you remove or freeze the stock app, Go SMS will have problems with mms messages. The sd card problem seem odd. I would is the ap fastboot file with rsd lite to get back to stock gingerbread then re-flash cm9 over a clean system. If that doesn't work, then you may have a flakey sd card :S let me know if that works for you.

5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    The rom is great! Thanks Hashcode!
    The only problem is that ICS doesn't support app to SD... I really need this feature, is there a hack for this? Thanks.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    krazyace38, you are right. I upgraded my rom to the latest nightly and the battery percentage was fixed to go by 1%. Its funny I chose to install this rom the day before hashcode fixed the battery percentage and asked for it to be fixed and it was. This rom is amazingly stable and I thank you hashcode. I would like to let people know that I tried to upgrade my rom without wiping the data and it was all f***ed up. Apps were missing and I needed to wipe the system as well as cache. All is good now.
    3 bugs remaining for me, front camera, sliding unlocks phone, and the battery says fully charged when 95% but continues to charge to 100.
    The last one isnt a major thing but just pointing it out. The camera is the one thing I am waiting desperately for. I read that the slide unlocking the phone may be a difficult thing to fix as this rom was ported from a non sliding phone.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3

You can get to your sd card by going to mnt/sdcard-ext
    Ints not as nice as hitting the sd card icon but it is there and accessible.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogFooker View Post
    You can get to your sd card by going to mnt/sdcard-ext
    Ints not as nice as hitting the sd card icon but it is there and accessible.
    It will recognize the card in a file manager like root explorer,but not in the gallery, the music player or camera.

Sent from my DROID3
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 3
    It will recognize the card in a file manager like root explorer,but not in the gallery, the music player or camera.

Sent from my DROID3
    I just noticed that. Tried to send a file from my sd card to an email and it cant access it. Had to copy it to the internal sd to be able to send it.
  10. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @krazyace35
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDogFooker View Post
    I just noticed that. Tried to send a file from my sd card to an email and it cant access it. Had to copy it to the internal sd to be able to send it.
    Try un-mounting and then re-mounting the sd card to see if that fixes it. I use the AOKP version and it has alot more customization and I don't have any problems with the rom

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links