DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 160
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

  1. Master Droid
    nu2droid's Avatar
    Member #
    90589
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    See avatar
    Posts
    418
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    So, I left and went back to GB for awhile and I am looking to come back.
    Where is the rom at as far as stability, video, dropping data & calls, etc.
    I left mainly due to the sound and data dropping out. How is everything now?


    Thoughts? Opinions?
  2. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2droid View Post
    So, I left and went back to GB for awhile and I am looking to come back.
    Where is the rom at as far as stability, video, dropping data & calls, etc.
    I left mainly due to the sound and data dropping out. How is everything now?


    Thoughts? Opinions?
    Its been my daily driver since late March. Never had a stability issue or data drop-out.
  3. Droid
    Adhd's Avatar
    Member #
    4672
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Verizon
    Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

    Two questions:

    Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

    Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?
  4. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhd View Post
    Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

    Two questions:

    Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

    Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?
    Not sure what you are referring to by either of these, though I think the fix for the alt lock is to press search.
  5. Droid
    Adhd's Avatar
    Member #
    4672
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    35
    Phone
    Verizon
    Thanks, the search button fixes it... what I was referring to was when you slide the keyboard open, it turns the screen on... can we turn it off? Also, is it possible to make it so when you press a key on the physical keyboard, can that turn the screen on?
  6. Master Droid
    nu2droid's Avatar
    Member #
    90589
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    See avatar
    Posts
    418
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
    Its been my daily driver since late March. Never had a stability issue or data drop-out.
    What about the loss of audio?

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Junior Droid
    WarsDarksider's Avatar
    Member #
    50432
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    25
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Adhd View Post
    Hey guys ! Thanks for all the hard work. Been running it for a solid couple months.

    Two questions:

    Is it possible to remove the slide the keyboard to unlock and/or make it so I can turn the screen or "wake" the phone by a key on the keyboard.

    Also, how can I fix this pesky ALT lock I get sometimes on the hard keyboard?
    It seems like you have to hit "b" to wake the screen (maybe for "backlight"?).

    My issues are mainly with battery life. I had AOKP a month or so back, but I went back to stock because of battery life. Stock battery, i'd last a day and a half, maybe 2 days with normal use. With AOKP I can't even make it through the day without putting it on the charger.

    When I first loaded the ROM it wouldnt even charge, then "facepalm", didnt reset battery stats and clear dalvick cache. So I did that and it started charging again. But still, garbage battery life.

    Can anything be done?
  8. nka
    nka is offline
    Senior Droid
    nka's Avatar
    Member #
    3185
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    143
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global

    Bluetooth still not working?

    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

    Has this issue been fixed? Also is anyone else having GPS issues? I did not see this on the latest Changelog?

    Rom: Steel Droid version 4.8

    Kernel: stock
    Device: Droid 3
  9. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by WarsDarksider View Post
    It seems like you have to hit "b" to wake the screen (maybe for "backlight"?).

    My issues are mainly with battery life. I had AOKP a month or so back, but I went back to stock because of battery life. Stock battery, i'd last a day and a half, maybe 2 days with normal use. With AOKP I can't even make it through the day without putting it on the charger.

    When I first loaded the ROM it wouldnt even charge, then "facepalm", didnt reset battery stats and clear dalvick cache. So I did that and it started charging again. But still, garbage battery life.

    Can anything be done?
    I would address AOKP battery life on that thread. As for the CM9 build, battery life is pretty good for me at least.
  10. Master Droid
    Fr33dom's Avatar
    Member #
    183366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    547
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2droid View Post
    What about the loss of audio?

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't recall having experienced any. I did get the keyboard issue that is fixed by the search button though. This has been my daily driver since discovering that the GPS worked faithfully, but the last build gave me problems with incomming calls going to email so I'm back on stock for a bit and reevaluating whether to stay there or give another build a run. Hash and crew do a great job but lets face it, this phone is headed toward a life as a door stop in the long run. Hash has gotten wrapped-up with other builds and this ROM hasn't advanced at a good enough pace for me. Still, it is flat out the best ROM for this phone.
    Last edited by Fr33dom; 06-27-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 732
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 07:21 PM
  2. [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3
    By ItsTrentB in forum Hashcode D3
    Replies: 586
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 02:19 PM
  3. New [ROM] ICS AOSP CM9 selfkang by HashCode!
    By DroidModderX in forum Android News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2012, 12:10 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 08:15 AM
  5. [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3
    By ItsTrentB in forum Droid 3 Roms
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 03:44 PM

Search tags for this page

cm9 droid 3

,
cm9 droid3
,
cm9 for droid 3
,

droid 3 cm9

,
droid 3 hashcode
,
droid 3 ics rom
,
droid 3 stable ics rom
,
droid3 cm9
,
droid3 ics
,

hashcode ics droid 3

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+