DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone calls failing, a lot.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3

Exclamation Phone calls failing, a lot.

CM9 rom, sometimes when I call someone it dials out... but there's no sound at all. I'm not sure whether it's because I use google voice, because google voice on and off produce the same problem. It calls someone... but theres no sound on my end.

Restarting did nothing. It wasn't until I turned Airplane mode on and back off that it started working again.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    XT862
    Had one instance recently where my calls were being shown as connected but not going through (or at least not giving me audio), but a restart fixed that.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    got this issue too...
    hope this could be fixed
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    imTousey
    Phone
    Droid 3
    I was having this problem yesterday while I was trying to get in contact with family, I kept calling them and I couldn't hear any audio. After reinstalling a few different nightly builds (even ones where calling had previously worked), nothing was working. Even voice search was broken. I finally realized that somehow bluetooth had been turned on (d'oh!), and turning it off fixed the problem.
    timovd likes this.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Did it to me again. This time bluetooth wasn't even on! My GPS was on, but turning that off did nothing. After about 3 times of failed calls I turned bluetooth on and back off. Speaker finally started working. My mother, however, was not too happy that her phone ringed 3 times with me not answering...

This is becoming a nuisance and a dealbreaker. I might just have to switch to gingerbread, which is something I REALLY don't wanna do but if I have to I will.

Also, Skype is randomly calling people. If I let the phone sleep while a chat is open, it'll call them sometimes. I have NO idea why this happens.

Edit: Just so we're clear. I don't use Bluetooth at all.
    Last edited by ssj11mav; 03-10-2012 at 06:50 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid 3
    I am also having this problem. When I make a phone call or receive one, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. Voice search or anything that uses the mic doesn't work. I turned the bluetooth on and back off and now it works. It looks like the problem has to do with the bluetooth.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums
    timovd likes this.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    danifunker
    Phone
    XT894
    Quote Originally Posted by seaniscrazy View Post
    I am also having this problem. When I make a phone call or receive one, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. Voice search or anything that uses the mic doesn't work. I turned the bluetooth on and back off and now it works. It looks like the problem has to do with the bluetooth.

I'm having the exact same problem on the 3/15 nightly with my XT860. I'm trying to recreate conditions for the cause of the issue, but am unable to. It seems to happen at "random". The only way to test is to dial a number and blow into the mic to see if I can hear myself echoing through the earpiece.
    I also noticed another issue where my phone lost all signal while I was on Wi-Fi, but airplane mode fixed that.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Rooted Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danis View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem on the 3/15 nightly with my XT860. I'm trying to recreate conditions for the cause of the issue, but am unable to. It seems to happen at "random". The only way to test is to dial a number and blow into the mic to see if I can hear myself echoing through the earpiece.
    I also noticed another issue where my phone lost all signal while I was on Wi-Fi, but airplane mode fixed that.
    The way I test it is by trying to use anything that uses voice recognition. If the problem is happening then the voice recognition will fail or not pick up my voice.
    I also haven't been able to find the cause, it just happen randomly from what I can tell.
    I have that issue too. While I'm on wifi it just randomly disconnects and doesn't go to 3g right away. If i wait a minute or 2, then usually everything reconnects itself.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    danifunker
    Phone
    XT894
    I upgraded to yesterday's nightly, then I did a wipe-cache. I haven't experienced the problem, it's been running for almost 12 hours straight.. I'll continue to check and update this thread later tonight.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    OneCraigB
    Phone
    HTC One
    This seems to be an issue with all ICS ROM's. (my experience anyway) As much as I love them, I gotta stick with GB for now untill that issue is fixed. I can sometimes deal without having a camcorder, but I need my phonecalls to go through.
    Stock Rooted HTC Rezound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links