Hi all! I am sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but it is a mult-category series of questions. I have ordered a rooted droid on ebay that is not here yet but before it comes, I have some questions:
1. I am going to use pageplus as my wireless provider (yes esn is clean). As you may/may not know, pageplus has awful limits for data (which is ok by me as i plan to use it mainly in my wi-fi-ridden home). I have heard that the motorola droid tends to b heavy on hidden data transfering regarding multiple applications. Is there a way to start the phone and immediately cut out all 3g or any data on a cell network? I just want to use it on wifi at home.
2. Should I activate/transfer my number to this phone only after I've custom-romed it the way I like?
3. When they say 10 slots for cpu speed, are these automatically switching clocks based on cpu need or are they user-selectable with 10 different mhz levels to choose from?
4. Can anyone recommend the best screen protector? Zagg is basically what I've heard of.
5. What is launcher pro? I've seen it in a few posts and have no clue.
6. I need to adjust my wap settings for pageplus. Is there a way to do this manually? Like my old LG voyager was ##program10000 to adjust these hidden settings. It would be neat if there was an app to do this. Is there one?