DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Summer ROM testing

  1. Developer
    aceoyame's Avatar
    Member #
    198300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #11
    I wouldn't mind helping you make yours quicker, have you tried overclocking? Also I can send some ram. I will even donate cpu time on my computer for compiling, I have a Pentium Dual core E5800 oc'd to 4.24 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. It should compile pretty quick.

    edit: I may even be able to send you a faster cpu, I have a Pentium D @ 3.4 ghz at work here I am not using I could donate, not sure if it's faster but I dont need it.
    Last edited by aceoyame; 06-20-2011 at 11:03 AM.
  2. Developer
    13th angel's Avatar
    Member #
    161319
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama
    Posts
    2,102
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #12
    No, i dont either but still. Set it compiling for while your at work or sleeping. Its what i normally do when im compiling something.

    Yea, it boots but not much works so its in the same boat basically
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  3. Senior Droid
    bikedude880's Avatar
    Member #
    166366
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    156
    Phone
    White Droid 2 Global
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by aceoyame View Post
    I wouldn't mind helping you make yours quicker, have you tried overclocking? Also I can send some ram. I will even donate cpu time on my computer for compiling, I have a Pentium Dual core E5800 oc'd to 4.24 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. It should compile pretty quick.
    I'm running a Pentium D 920 @ 2.8Ghz w/1GB PC2-800 ram. Can't OC, mem is maxed.

    But like I said: done.
    From idea to product; debugging is my favorite task.
    #=- BlackSpark -=#
  4. Developer
    aceoyame's Avatar
    Member #
    198300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #14
    Are you sure you can't for either? There is pll overclocking and pin modding. Also, I have 2 GB ddr 2 sticks I can send if its a bad slot. Also, I do have that extra cpu laying around. I even can make a secured account for donating cpu time on my desktop I don't use much so really if its computational power were short I will throw what I have at it.

    Send me your specs, I want to work something out since it seems kinda ridiculous were short a man just because of his computer.
  5. Developer
    aceoyame's Avatar
    Member #
    198300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedude880 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aceoyame View Post
    I wouldn't mind helping you make yours quicker, have you tried overclocking? Also I can send some ram. I will even donate cpu time on my computer for compiling, I have a Pentium Dual core E5800 oc'd to 4.24 ghz with 4 gigs of ram. It should compile pretty quick.
    I'm running a Pentium D 920 @ 2.8Ghz w/1GB PC2-800 ram. Can't OC, mem is maxed.

    But like I said: done.
    That IS a pretty pokey system so perhaps the donated cpu time is the best solution here. You could remote into my desktop with the secured account and compile as needed.
  6. Senior Droid
    bikedude880's Avatar
    Member #
    166366
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    156
    Phone
    White Droid 2 Global
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by aceoyame View Post
    Are you sure you can't for either? There is pll overclocking and pin modding. Also, I have 2 GB ddr 2 sticks I can send if its a bad slot. Also, I do have that extra cpu laying around. I even can make a secured account for donating cpu time on my desktop I don't use much so really if its computational power were short I will throw what I have at it.

    Send me your specs, I want to work something out since it seems kinda ridiculous were short a man just because of his computer.
    There is absolutely nothing that can be done for this proprietary pos. It's a Sony Vaio VGC-RB62G. It. Can't. Be. Helped.
    Frankly I want to see this 7-yo pile of crap at the bottom of a river.


    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    No, i dont either but still. Set it compiling for while your at work or sleeping. Its what i normally do when im compiling something.

    Yea, it boots but not much works so its in the same boat basically
    I was doing that. When I was sleeping, when I was working, when I was out of the house. Still doesn't matter, it's wasted time waiting for a brick.
    Last edited by bikedude880; 06-20-2011 at 11:13 AM.
    From idea to product; debugging is my favorite task.
    #=- BlackSpark -=#
  7. Developer
    aceoyame's Avatar
    Member #
    198300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #17
    Ok so you can put 2 GB in that thing. I can provide that, also I can give you that Pentium D 3.4 ghz and I can have it pre pin modded too that way its clocked a little higher than that even. It is LGA 775 so all I need to do is use my conductive pen and paint the pins. I have done that before to a Celeron E3200 to take it from 2.4 to 3.2 ghz @ boot and then oc it to 4.1 ghz.

    Where there is a will theres a way and god damn it I want Cyanogen mod and I will do what I can to help. As I have said before I was a dev on the other phones and want to start here. Also I am a desktop admin where I work so I have plenty of access to hardware.

    I am going to see if this thing can take a Core series cpu. If it can I am going to give you one.

    EDIT: It can use a Core 2 series cpu, I am going to see what we have available here. I know we have those available. A core 2 series with a pin mod and 2 gb of ram will be a huge upgrade to that thing. It isn't quite as useless as you thought lol.
    Last edited by aceoyame; 06-20-2011 at 11:18 AM.
  8. Developer
    13th angel's Avatar
    Member #
    161319
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama
    Posts
    2,102
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #18
    Yes but its still more than anyone else i know is doing (i dont really know how many other people are working on d2g but still...). I'm trying to mod the d2 one to see if it works but it would be nice to actually be able to not have basically a hacked version working. I don't want the same thing that we had with roms for forever where half of it doesnt work because its mixed in from 3 different platforms

    Also, if theres a way i can donate cpu time at will i can too. I use my laptop pretty often so it wouldnt be all the time but its better than none.
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  9. Senior Droid
    bikedude880's Avatar
    Member #
    166366
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    156
    Phone
    White Droid 2 Global
    #19
    I really don't want charity for this system. It's a pile of crap.

    Upgrading the memory would do little except reduce disk thrash and /maybe/ reduce the time by about 20-30 minutes. Maybe.

    The CPU just needs to be melted down to molten silicon. The Pentium D series is akin to Windows ME.
    From idea to product; debugging is my favorite task.
    #=- BlackSpark -=#
  10. Developer
    aceoyame's Avatar
    Member #
    198300
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    72
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #20
    Oh don't call it charity. This is **** we have lying around lol. Where I work we waste tons of money on hardware. Even though it's conroe its still considered out of warranty therefore a pos here. Of course a tech like me knows that with a pin mod and in the right system it is as good as an I3, even some I-5's out there.

    Edit: You are kinda lucky though, the 945p is the only 945 based chipset that will take a core 2.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
  2. Late summer and still no 2.2?
    By Dragon3463 in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
  3. 20 Top Android Games for the Summer
    By Dan Fury in forum Android Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM
  4. Have a Summer, lol.
    By Johnly in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:07 PM
  5. PSA with summer around the corner
    By BlueSami in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 11:01 PM

Search tags for this page

best ram upgrade for pentium d 920 2.8 ghz

,

dual core e5800 podkr?canie

,

summer rom

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+