DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Droid "slimmed" D2G ROM

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Looking forward to testing this out when I get home in an hr. If you need any testing before releases pm me. That also goes if you need any help with it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy s3 (Verizon)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    Looking forward to testing this out when I get home in an hr. If you need any testing before releases pm me. That also goes if you need any help with it.
    I'll remember that man. The way I'm sortof doing this is give everyone an equal crack at it. As long as I'm slimming. Once I get down to the very basic platform, I will begin sending out to a select few first. I'll let you know what comes up.
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultim8gamr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    I'll remember that man. The way I'm sortof doing this is give everyone an equal crack at it. As long as I'm slimming. Once I get down to the very basic platform, I will begin sending out to a select few first. I'll let you know what comes up.
    Alright cool.

Also, would you mind if I used this as a base for what I'm working on? Gonna start removing some of the blur and replacing it with aosp. Would rather not have to pull everything out if I can just use what someone else has already done. I had started building straight aosp but after seeing what problems Bikedude had (ie no data) thinking of doing like he did and starting with blur then replacing.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy s3 (Verizon)

Diet Droid slimming down with v5

Lost radio solved! I removed BlurPhone and that was what caused it, so that's back in this batch. I have installed this zip from other versions of the slimmed without wiping data/cache and did not experience any problems with it. Not sure if it will need to have cache/data wiped coming from another ROM or from stock, My guess is yes but I haven't tested that yet. I will restore a nandroid later this afternoon when classes are over and see if I can get into Diet Droid without having to wipe cache/data from my non-deodexed stock nandroid.

DL link (tested & works):
    D2G.GRD.slimmed.Ultim8gamr.4.13.11.v5.zip

Sorry I'm releasing this as soon as I'm finished so I haven't had time to update the list with what I've removed. I will try and to make a list this afternoon when I'm done with classes.

Next I plan to try and do away with the baseband update, so future releases may need to be starting out with either one of the current diet droid releases or stock 2.4.330 Moto

Disclaimer: You know the drill, If something happens its your problem. I nor anyone else will be responsible for your device. Flash at your own risk. Peace

Gettin'~R~Done!!
    Last edited by Ultim8gamr; 04-13-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: title
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy s3 (Verizon)
    13th go for it. Android is meant to be shared. I'm doing the same with this file from BuryBoi. After I get this down to a suitable base I'm going to start moving some AOSP stuff over as well. At this point I'm getting close, most of the addon crap is gone. I'm open for collaboration if you want.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid 2 global
    From my understanding, freezing has the same effects as removing apps, except the app can be restored for later use, i.e. an update. Like i said before, you removed everything i would have, i would have replaced the stock launcher with something less laggy, like the stock froyo/gingerbread launcher or a good alternative from the market. I still experience lag on the stock blur launcher even after freezing everything i thought was slowing my system down.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy s3 (Verizon)
    Rusty Im currently using adw for my launcher. Might work it in soon. This is pretty much like frozen im just working on getting a base to build a custom rom off of and thought id share for those interested

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G W/ Liberty 2.0 W/ Data/3g
    is this now going to be the base of the grd team rom? and if not why are there going to be different roms for the same team?
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    I'll probably use it as a base. As for why there would be different roms, because we each have started on others already + itll help get more roms pushed out. Each one is going to be different with different tweaks etc.

@Ultim8gamr
    I'd be interested if you want to. I just want to get some exp under my belt and get some choices for us d2g users.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola D2G
    I think the NFS apk is in /preinstall/app/com.ideaworks3d.nfsshift
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links