DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM Tools] Team Get~R~Done D2G Rom-er Tool - a tool Convert D2 Roms for use on D2G

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Quote Originally Posted by buryboi View Post
    The sensors need to be disabled using the sensor zip in the first post of this thread. Flash through Clockwork bootstrap to turn them off, flash again to turn them back on.

We have a thread discussing possible solutions. We may have a fix for CDMA users (Compliments of WoZzy), but we need to test it a bit more, and see if we cant find a way to implement the fix without forcing everybody to buy an app from the market.
    Not to bug you guys, as I'm sure you busy with your own stuff. (And I should be with midterms and all), but is there any word on the fix for CDMA users? I'd totally stay in the country for a while and cough up a few bucks to get the sensors working.
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    I should have announced it, but...that fix was unstable, and didn't work all the time...also caused random reboots and terrible battery life. We're back to square one. Sorry to get your hopes up.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Nexus S
    It's perfectly understandable. Tis why things are test before release. Sad that we're back to square one though. Something will probably be figured out eventually.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global
    Bummer. I have faith it'll be figured out eventually, just a matter of time. think ill go back to stock, then try fission. Totally donating a beer or twos worth to your site when its figured out.

Btw, im just starting to learn about the droid, any good books or sources from a technological pov? I've started reading pro android, but that's more of a programming perspective.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by na8flush View Post
    Bummer. I have faith it'll be figured out eventually, just a matter of time. think ill go back to stock, then try fission. Totally donating a beer or twos worth to your site when its figured out.

Btw, im just starting to learn about the droid, any good books or sources from a technological pov? I've started reading pro android, but that's more of a programming perspective.

Most of us have just learned from trial and error... i might check out that book though (if you would recommend it?), been wanting to get into the programming side of it.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    Im having problems with the Liberty Toolbox and installing fonts and themes (boot logos work). Ive downloaded themes individually and I did get a theme to install through recovery. I still would like to have different fonts. It doesnt seem that the fonts or theme zips finish downloading before the phone reboots. Do you think flashing sbf then reinstalling Liberty will fix this? Or possible formatting the data drives?

I havent run into any other problems yet although I just got this rom on about 20 mins ago. I will be sure to let you know if I have any.

Edit: It doesnt seem to be saving my font size or changing the boot logo (it did once earlier), also when I hit reboot into recovery from the toolbox, it just sits on the recovery icon. Oh and the touch screen is freezing after not touching it for ~5-7 seconds. This is rather annoying.

It isnt possible to update the OTA with Liberty flashed, correct?
    Last edited by terrets; 03-09-2011 at 08:20 PM.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Im having problems with the Liberty Toolbox and installing fonts and themes (boot logos work). Ive downloaded themes individually and I did get a theme to install through recovery. I still would like to have different fonts. It doesnt seem that the fonts or theme zips finish downloading before the phone reboots. Do you think flashing sbf then reinstalling Liberty will fix this? Or possible formatting the data drives?
    Thats something to do with it not liking the d2g files i think, download the files through something else (like from the release post on here) and then flash it through CWM.

Edit: It doesnt seem to be saving my font size or changing the boot logo (it did once earlier), also when I hit reboot into recovery from the toolbox, it just sits on the recovery icon.
    I always had to use bootstrap to boot into CWM, Liberty Toolbox just froze for me.

Oh and the touch screen is freezing after not touching it for ~5-7 seconds. This is rather annoying.
    Did you make sure to wipe data/cache before install? do you have any type of antivirus or task killer running on your phone? Other than that i dont know what might be causing it to freeze....

It isnt possible to update the OTA with Liberty flashed, correct?
    correct, it looks for all the bloatware and all the blur that comes stock for updates.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    Okay, Ive given up on trying to install through Liberty Toolbox. I was discouraged for a while because I couldnt find a place to download fonts. But then I did! They are under the goodies download here:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dar...rty-1-5-a.html

It hasnt been freezing lately, although I only have the rom flashed. Still a virgin too... Havent even put my data and apps back on yet .

I wont touch those "antivirus" or task killer apps(Even though Liberty has one built in).
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    I wont touch those "antivirus" or task killer apps(Even though Liberty has one built in).
    The task killer in liberty is just the built in android one if i remember correctly.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2Global
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    The task killer in liberty is just the built in android one if i remember correctly.
    Ahh...well Im very happy with this porter and Liberty, beside that sensors dont work..The only thing that I would like is keyboard lights but its no big deal. I came over from the Fission rom, and I like this a lott more. I even have 2 more bars of reception everywhere I go!

Edit: Do you know if this rom is compatible with GSM, specifically overseas in Europe?

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Links