DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: [ROM Tools] Team Get~R~Done D2G Rom-er Tool - a tool Convert D2 Roms for use on D2G

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid 2 Global (white)
    still no luck. :\
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Alright, time for the last ditch effort...

Reboot into bootloader/clockwork, make a new nandroid backup (if you made any changes since the last one that you want saved)

go to mounts and storage and format the following: System, Data & Cache.

Then install zip from Sd, choose liberty 1.5.

When that is done run Romer v5 OR Romer v6.

Reboot. Wait for everything to load, and try bluetooth.

If it works, and your feeling lucky...reboot into bootloader/clockwork, choose backup restore, then advanced restore, choose your most recent liberty backup and restore DATA ONLY.

This will put back all your apps and settings. There is a small chance (but a chance none the less), that you could bootloop. Most likely it would be a "pull the battery, wait a minute or so, put the battery back in and get to bootloader", type bootloop... But maybe, just maybe it could cause the "SBF is the only solution", type bootloop. So, before restoring the data only, be certain that you understand how to, or have previously, used the SBF.

Edit: I just followed those steps, I have Bluetooth, and all my data restored. It booted right up...(Yet, although it worked for me, I still cannot guarantee that it will work for you).
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    thanks for your responsiveness! good to see a dev thats really helpful. im trying that now, we'll see how goes

Im going to not chance it and just get back to where i was manually instead of restoring data.

edit: well, i cant believe it but....no dice. still doesnt work. i dont get it. i used v6 btw.
    Last edited by botnryan; 02-23-2011 at 01:41 AM.
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Sorry

I think I've exhausted my trial and error skills. Your issue has got me stumped. The only other thing to try (and it may not help anyway) would be to sbf back to stock (to be certain we have a good clean base), then try it all over again. My guess though is that it probably wouldn't be worth the effort since at the end of the day, the sensors are still disabled.

Thanks for putting up with us and giving it a shot though!
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Dont be sorry! lol you tried, and im just as confused as you are about why it doesnt work for me...doesnt make sense that it would work for everyone but me...i guess bluetooth just has it out for me or something. I dont use bt THAT often so i guess i can get by without it. Whenever you guys get the sensor issue figured out i'll try out the newest rom-er but i guess ill stick with what i got for now. Really enjoy what you guys have done, thanks so much!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Pretty good job, didn't sleep last night to experience you team's great job. GSM user, tested the v6 patch along with liberty 1.5, no GSM option in the setting menu and still no auto sim card detection, manually changed network mode in *#*#4636#*#*, d2g can recognize GSM network, but display zero signal, the signal are extremely bad, can sent/receive sms and make calls at seldom occasions, but most of time it didn't sense GSM signal and automatically switched back to CDMA.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2
    Seems to still be an issue with Liberty 1.5 and bluetooth... unless I forgot something. Using v6. Everything else seems good.

Edit 3 years later: Disregard, seems it was an issue in the old Fission ROM I was using too. SBF and test again.
    Last edited by gifferjesus; 02-28-2011 at 02:48 PM.
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2 Global - CYANOGENMOD7

Sensors

Any idea what's up with the sensors?

Other than having my phone die whenever I sleep it with sensors enabled, romer works GREAT. Have tried it on Fission 2.5.7 and Liberty 1.5, but, both times, I've clockwork resto'd to Fission 2.4.3 shortly thereafter, after getting fed up with not having sensors.

Great job so far on it though... Angdroid has been a bum with d2g rom dev for thepast 2 months, and this tool is giving me hope for having a stable, good-looking, fast ROM
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    The sensors need to be disabled using the sensor zip in the first post of this thread. Flash through Clockwork bootstrap to turn them off, flash again to turn them back on.

We have a thread discussing possible solutions. We may have a fix for CDMA users (Compliments of WoZzy), but we need to test it a bit more, and see if we cant find a way to implement the fix without forcing everybody to buy an app from the market.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Will gladly buy an app if it will let me get my wife up and running on something other than fission. Not that fission is bad, just had some issues and would really love to try something else. We've tried liberty, but she really wants to have sensors working. Let us know if you need testers because we are willing.
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Links