DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GET~R~DONE Dev Team announcement Current LIST OF WORKING d2 ROMS

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    IIRC, when I flashed Apex it bootlooped at the bootanimation, I had to hold x (to get to factory recovery) press keyboard search and wipe data/factory reset. Then it booted after a very long time on the bootanimation.

Apex is missing some key elements (phone.apk and I don't know what else), so it has to be flashed over something else.

Just to be clear, was Apex working prior to v5, and not on v5 or has Apex always been glitchy (which is what I suspect)?
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G
    Quote Originally Posted by buryboi View Post
    IIRC, when I flashed Apex it bootlooped at the bootanimation, I had to hold x (to get to factory recovery) press keyboard search and wipe data/factory reset. Then it booted after a very long time on the bootanimation.

Apex is missing some key elements (phone.apk and I don't know what else), so it has to be flashed over something else.

Just to be clear, was Apex working prior to v5, and not on v5 or has Apex always been glitchy (which is what I suspect)?
    I did that too and it still bootlooped. I flashed over both Liberty 1.0 and stock so im not sure..... i was gonna try putting the romer files into, rezip, and try it when i get home after school.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
    CM9 builds for D2G, D2, and DX
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G, D-inc, Samsung Fascinate.
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th angel View Post

I did that too and it still bootlooped. I flashed over both Liberty 1.0 and stock so im not sure..... i was gonna try putting the romer files into, rezip, and try it when i get home after school.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
    I am going to assume that the rommer package flashes over some apex dependent system files, I am going to look at the apex rom and your rommer package and see if I can swap out some files. Right now I am at work running stock. When I get home I will mess with it. Can't SBF at work, stupid gov computers.

Buryboi I would like to help test your top secret project or what ever you guys need if possible?

Big thanks to Get r done dev team
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    X13thAngelX
    Phone
    DX/D2G

Alrighty.... tried to flash Apex 1.4 again and bootlooped again. Tried it thinking third time might be the charm but it wasnt. Did everything you said and left it on the boot screen for 30 minutes and nothing.

Have now flashed over stock, Liberty 1.0, and Fission and none of them worked.

I have used v1 and v5 and neither worked so im assuming its always been buggy.....

Wozzy, might want to add that Apex 1.4 doesnt work to the first post so that we dont have people bricking left and right trying to flash and then complaining.....
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    Its odd, not sure if this is a fix that yall did, but i'm running liberty with mysterious beast theme, my sensors are on and its working perfect. no reboot when the screen shuts off or anything. appears the only time it freezes is when its syncing and the screen goes off and you try to cut it back on, but wait until the syncing stops, say 5 or 10 minutes and the screen comes back on just fine...
  7. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    @tinman09, Is it plugged in by chance?
    I read that and got all excited so I wiped system, data and cache, flashed liberty 1.5, flashed d2g Romer v5, booted into Liberty, downloaded the mysterious beast theme (manually from droid2files because the toolbox wouldn't download it), flashed the theme, flashed to enable sensors then booted back into liberty, turned off sync and....still soft reset.

I wonder if it has anything to do with you being on GSM?

There have been a few reports of sensors working now (another user flashed a different boot logo) then enabled sensors and it worked.

Funny thing is, I'd hoped by releasing this people would actively try to figure out the sensors, and while I'm sure some are, it seems like the best "fixes" have just been stumbled upon.

Hopefully though, one of them will be re-createable and get incorporated as the cure.

Thanks everybody for trying it out!

P.S. I'm sitting on a v6 right now, but the only benefit is that it's half the size of v5, I just figure people are getting tired of updates every 5 minutes. Hopefully before I release it we'll (collectively) fix the sensors. I put a call out to D2 devs in their rom forum, so maybe it will catch someones eye.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    ive got the android flame boot logo on it as well. maybe that has something to do with it? idk for sure though. im no developer or anything, couldnt tell you how to change files or even look at them like yall are. i just mess with a lot of things that look interesting and sometimes dig into bin files i shouldnt be. idk whats making it work, its not plugged in though and so far sync is whats locking it down. ill update if anything new occurs.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    Believe me man, I'm no dev either, I just finagled around until I got it to work...tested it internally, had a few other's test it and released it.

If you don't mind, what steps did you take to flash the rom...ie wipe/no wipe, what order, did you boot then go back into recovery to enable sensors, what Romer version...etc, anything that might be helpful (or even what you think maybe wont be helpful.)

Thanks, and as far as I know, your the only GSM user, so data is working right?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2G
    ive made it a habit to reboot after each flash. i.e. i mounted /system, flashed liberty, reboot, back to recovery, flash d2g romer, reboot, recovery, flashed sensors (because i didnt know v5 had it built in already), reboot, recovery flashed mysterious beast, reboot, liberty tools to do the boot logo and it rebooted itself. then was wondering why my sensors were on but i played with it, i sat it down to do some work, screen shut off and didnt reboot, it stayed off and when i hit the power button it woke up just fine.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links