DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Console Nostalgia

  1. Senior Droid
    SnydersWeb's Avatar
    Member #
    40625
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    137
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #31

    Console Nostalgia

    Decided to start a new post rather than have us hijack the FAQ thread.

    All these stories are making me wax nostalgic too. I too have some emulators on my Bionic. One for Genesis, Sega Master System, NES and SNES.

    Does beg a question: what is your favorite emulator and why?

    I have Geroid (unavailable anymore), Gensoid (ditto), Nesoid, and SNesoid. Would be interested in finding better though.
  2. Master Droid
    jayrod's Avatar
    Member #
    280416
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wilmington NC
    Posts
    540
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurelRaven View Post
    My first gaming console was the Atari 2600, followed by the original nes. I remember how picky that thing was, having to blow on the cartridge, then jig it up and down, up and down. Oh, and once you got it running, you made sure not to touch it or it would stop working again.

    Since we have an age guesser, how old am i?

    Sent from my ICS Bionic
    Many a minutes were lost trying to get those damned cartridges to work!

    Gonna guess you're 34

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jayrod; 09-16-2012 at 10:39 AM.

    Devices: Droid Bionic,OG RAZR,RAZR M, Galaxy S4
  3. Droid Sensei
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Member #
    4889
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,274
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #33
    Yeah, I agree - maybe one of the mods can clean up the FAQ thread and move the posts into this one. As for favorite emulator, probably SNESoid, basically because that's the one I use all the time to play Pilotwings on.
  4. Senior Droid
    SnydersWeb's Avatar
    Member #
    40625
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    137
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #34
    I tell you a lot of those old games bring back such warm memories (and memories of my teenage self yelling things that made me glad my parents were not home when I played them). I was a hard core Sega fan (between them and Motorola I really feel like a winner...) I still have my Genny, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System (with 3D Goggles) in my deep storage.

    The only thing that got me off of console gaming was the SegaCD (oof, horrible) and the fact I got my first PC.
  5. Senior Droid
    LaurelRaven's Avatar
    Member #
    237044
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    Many a minutes were lost trying to get those damned cartridges to work!

    Gonna guess you're 34

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Not too far off...29. I started really young.

    Sent from my ICS Bionic
  6. Junior Droid
    kdivine981's Avatar
    Member #
    266459
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SnydersWeb
    I tell you a lot of those old games bring back such warm memories (and memories of my teenage self yelling things that made me glad my parents were not home when I played them). I was a hard core Sega fan (between them and Motorola I really feel like a winner...) I still have my Genny, Atari 2600, and Sega Master System (with 3D Goggles) in my deep storage.

    The only thing that got me off of console gaming was the SegaCD (oof, horrible) and the fact I got my first PC.
    Loved me some snail maze game on the master system. Alex kidd and Rambo...(which seemed to be an ikari warriors knock off) was pretty great. Also preferred ghostbusters on SMS.
  7. Senior Droid
    SnydersWeb's Avatar
    Member #
    40625
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    137
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Bionic
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by kdivine981 View Post
    Loved me some snail maze game on the master system. Alex kidd and Rambo...(which seemed to be an ikari warriors knock off) was pretty great. Also preferred ghostbusters on SMS.
    Ghostbusters was largely a port of the old PC game.. It had a few extras. The Ghostbusters game on the Genny was actually really good.

    Oh my old favs on the SMS was Zillion, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier, Black Belt, many others. They had some solid titles on that. I'll hand Nintendo one thing - the arcade power stick they had was great!

    The thing that used to drive me bonkers on that system was that the controller didn't have a start/pause button- and that resulted in a few hit-reset-instead-of-pause tears.

    The 3D Goggle games on that system were HARD.. never beat any of them! And yeah, I remember that snail maze game.. I owned that darn system for over a year before I became aware of it!

    Hmm.. might try firing those up.
    Last edited by SnydersWeb; 09-16-2012 at 12:55 PM.
  8. Super Moderator
    rck76's Avatar
    Member #
    195184
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,850
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #38
    Moved to off topic>gaming forum

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

  9. Super Moderator
    rck76's Avatar
    Member #
    195184
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,850
    Liked
    190 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
    Yeah, I agree - maybe one of the mods can clean up the FAQ thread and move the posts into this one. As for favorite emulator, probably SNESoid, basically because that's the one I use all the time to play Pilotwings on.
    This thread looks out of order but all posts from the other thread have been moved here and will appear in the order they were originally posted.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. nostalgia droid
    By pc747 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:07 PM
  2. Ctrl keys etc for console?
    By droible in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM
  3. 91 PC Suite - Windows Android Management Console Console
    By broon in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
  4. A little S.T nostalgia with a new twist.
    By GryphonD in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 10:23 AM
  5. Best Recovery Console?
    By ArykMeyer in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Find us on Google+