DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Console Nostalgia

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian... View Post
    Well this goes back to a time before homes had a PC or if they did it wasn't able to run multiple games due to hard drive space lol

I'm a huge fan of mouse look too so I'm a PC guy myself
    Well, yes. I'm saying I don't get the whole console thing anymore, really.

My PC has a six core 3.2 AMD, ATI 6950 1gb, and 16 gigs DDR 3 ram. It is everything I've ever wanted in a gaming system, and I can run virtual servers in the background at the same time!

Yes. I am very, very much a geek. How did you guess?

Sent from my Nexus 7
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrod View Post
    Bahaha...My familys first PC was a Packard Bell with I believe a 486 processor. Windows 95 was still in the works!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    IBM...don't remember the name, but it had 2 5.25" floppies and no hard drive. After that, we had a Compaq luggable. Remember those?

I think we got a 486 dell after that...seemed like a speed demon, and the 170mb drive was huge!

Sent from my Nexus 7
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    My first PC was a commodore 64 with 1541 disk drive, I absolutely relish typing "load *.*, 8,1" grabbing a bite to eat and come back and typing "run"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Well I feel young. First family machine was light years ahead of those... Gateway with a P1 75mhz, ~600MB HDD, 16mb ram running win 95. Equipped with an impressive 14.4 modem
    Droid BIONIC
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Droid BIONIC
    Quote Originally Posted by welsalex View Post
    Well I feel young. First family machine was light years ahead of those... Gateway with a P1 75mhz, ~600MB HDD, 16mb ram running win 95. Equipped with an impressive 14.4 modem
    I remember being about 10 years old and My dad bought another 16mb ram and a 10 GB hard drive for that machine. He spent hours scared to death rereading install instructions before doing anything. I was anxious as hell and understood what to do and waites painfully for him to let me touch it. To his horror I slapped it all in and flashed the bios to accept such a big drive. He thought i was gonna break it. But to his surprise it worked and from then on he just let me deal with all tech stuff to this day.
    Droid BIONIC
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Ibm ps2 386sx 2md ram and i think 80 mb hdrive
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Damn...makes me feel real old! I remember playing M.U.L.E. on my grandfather's old C64. I remember when he upgraded to his 128...and was in awe when he played MIDI files!

Oh..and what about the D,U,L,L,A,R,D cheat code?

Makes me want to dig the ole C64 out and fire it up! Thought I was the sh!! When I connected to my buddies via acoustic coupler to share files!

Enjoyed the FAQ and this thread Sam!

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2
    Cheers,
    'dawg

"Never take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!"
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Atari 400 with the membrane keyboard and the 410 tape drive. :-) when I got my twin double sided double density drives and my "Happy" chip for my 810 drive I was in heaven!
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Admittedly I never had a Nintendo. I had a SNES for 2 games only. SF2 and MK. I was a Commodore boy so these newfangled console things didn't have much appeal to me until I could get some good fighting games. Now I own all 3 consoles and a top of the line gaming PC.
    *LOL* I was a Commodore boy myself (VIC-20 and then C64). To be honest, I never really cared about the consoles back then, most of them couldn't really touch the C64 as far as gameplay was concerned. And I actually found the C64's graphics to beat the NES. Nowadays, I have an aging gaming PC (Core 2 Duo e6600, GTX 275 video card) and an xbox360. The PC plays all my games just fine at 1080p, and my 360 rocks for gaming on my 42" TV. I still think I got more gaming satisfaction out of the 64, I used to love typing in the game listings from Compute! magazine. Remember MLX? Was tons of fun entering all of those decimal (later hexadecimal) values and getting a free game for your efforts. SYS 49152, anyone?
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Bahaha...My familys first PC was a Packard Bell with I believe a 486 processor. Windows 95 was still in the works!

My first PC (x86 based, that is) was an IBM XT with the 4.77MHz 8088 processor, a Hercules MDA card, and a 9" green phosphor Epson monitor. This was built in the early 90s out of a pile of junk parts. Wasn't exactly a gaming machine, but my brother and I still used it to play Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0 - we used to compete to see who could design the more ridiculous aircraft in the airplane designer. I remember making one that was literally impossible to land. I think I gave it something like 11,000 square feet of wing area. Even if you tried to fly it into the ground, it would rise right back up. Fun times.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 09-15-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links