DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: be careful out there...

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Lucky he was only hospitalized. A Korean? kid died from playing too long.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    I need to start playing video games apparently lol.

I'm afraid i'd get hooked on transformers or a combat game.....
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    455 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Premium Member
    i never have been able to grasp the playing all day straight. i play couple of hours of it and i am bored ..
    tjk629 likes this.
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Razr maxx
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    My ps3 looks like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails be careful out there...-uploadfromtaptalk1344455681113.jpg  
    cereal killer likes this.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Everyone seems to be blaming the parents, but I blame the kid.

Seriously, this is a 15 year old, not a 4 year old. At that age he shouldn't need his parents hand holding him for basic stuff like staying hydrated, eating, sleeping, etc. What he did he did of his own volition. Plain as that. The consequences of HIS actions was hospitalization. His parents should be checking in on him *you know to make sure he isn't dead or something*, but having to do the above is pretty much overkill for someone his age.

I hope the parents don't get too penalized for their sons lack of judgement. At his age, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    RAZR-DX-Dinc-Rezound-NOTE 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629

Seriously, this is a 15 year old, not a 4 year old. At that age he shouldn't need his parents hand holding him for basic stuff like staying hydrated, eating, sleeping, etc. What he did he did of his own volition. Plain as that. The consequences of HIS actions was hospitalization. His parents should be checking in on him *you know to make sure he isn't dead or something*, but having to do the above is pretty much overkill for someone his age.

I hope the parents don't get too penalized for their sons lack of judgement. At his age, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.
    Who teaches that responsibility? If you were never taught how should you know? Yes he SHOULD know better, but where were his parents? Sometimes people forget that if there is no guidance a child will not pick up what we consider to be common sense.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post

I don't know about you, but my daughter will be my daughter until I die and I will let her know when she's doing stupid things until then too. No matter how old they are they need guidance. And at 15 they are still their parents responsibility. Who let's their kid hold up for 4 days playing games?? Never....mines 5 now and she will never sit in front of the tv for more than an hour at a time.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    ^^^:thumbup: also.. people develope at different paces... some 15 year olds now don't have Common sense...

Heck, most PEOPLE don't have it.. which leads me to wonder.. why is it called common sense when so few have it??

I make my son go for walks with me, I make my son get out if his room.... I make my some associate with people..

We're screwing ourselves by allowing our kids to become couch potatoes.. that's partially why we have an obesity epidemic.

May I also say on this note... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST IN THIS THREAD, WE DON'T WANT OR NEED A THREAD DISCUSSING PARENTING.

Last edited by 94lt1; 08-08-2012 at 05:31 PM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    Wow. I can't believe that. Poor kid, yet if he has no sense to take a break, well... I've had a lot of time on my 360, but not for multiple days straight. But I did nearly wear it out the first several days after Christmas. I hardly get on my 360 now but I still like to play a few rounds of Halo. And I'm getting into controller customization.

Oh, and FoxKat, I can't tell you how many bad thoughts (you don't wanna know) I've had run through my mind just a few years ago. They've been more tamed since my senior year in HS, a lot has to do with maturity, but I've never acted upon those thoughts. Despite what thoughts I have, I'm still a civilized and nice (for the most part) human being. BUT, if you try to hurt my loved ones (I.e. family, girlfriend, close friends, etc.) I would have a second thought to either shoot you, or beat you to a pulp. And I don't think you'd want either to come from a 6'4" 280 lbs dude. Especially when pissed off.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
    OG Droid: Rooted running Steel Droid V10.0 [Retired]
    Droid 2: Rooted running CM9 [Retired]
    Droid 3: Rooted running Minimoto [Active]

I rarely use DF on the desktop and mainly use Tapatalk, so if I don't or can't see something in your sig, a vid, or a pic, don't blame me!!!
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cobravnm13 View Post
    And I don't think you'd want either to come from a 6'4" 280 lbs dude.
    We're about the same size...I think we can take FoxKat

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links