DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wii U or not Wii U

1. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    Don't sleep on the cel-shading graphics. Some of the greatest games of the series. Wasn't too big of fan of twilight.

The sister forum needs an app.

Sent from my DROID3
    Oh no not hating, I'm just not used to seeing it. I did play 4 swords? on the DS and it was great fun, but I thought it would be something Nintendo moved away from. Outside of becoming a wolf I really liked the looks of Twilight. Graphics are only one factor of games, and gameplay more than makes up for it when it comes to a Zelda game. Zelda I always found to be aimed more towards a mature audience, the cel-shading just seems to make it aimed more towards kids. Nothing wrong with it, just can't see it really fitting Zelda, definitely get around to it one day lol.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Oh no not hating, I'm just not used to seeing it. I did play 4 swords? on the DS and it was great fun, but I thought it would be something Nintendo moved away from. Outside of becoming a wolf I really liked the looks of Twilight. Graphics are only one factor of games, and gameplay more than makes up for it when it comes to a Zelda game. Zelda I always found to be aimed more towards a mature audience, the cel-shading just seems to make it aimed more towards kids. Nothing wrong with it, just can't see it really fitting Zelda, definitely get around to it one day lol.
    Oh no lol. Kids with cel-shading sure I'll give you that one. I think it adds charm to the games and I hope they continue on with the WiiU as well. Zelda is a puzzle solver and the most important thing that keeps me around. I think most kids wouldn't find it interesting to say the least because its kind of difficult and you could get lost easily. Mario is the same way. Galaxy has beautiful graphics but it can become frustrating later on. I think people get so wrapped up in looks to truly appreciate what the game is really doing. It should be apparent by now twilight is my least liked Zelda because it seemed so hard trying to be OoT and it failed.

Sent from my DROID3
    RazrBlade
  3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Yeah I haven't really seen any kids play Zelda tbh, always thought it'd be a bit too complex for most of'em. Mario at least kids can have fun stomping on goombas and all that, though that game can get quite difficult as you mentioned, love it though.

As for another Zelda surpassing OoT, not going to happen. That game is legendary and destroyed any rating scale 13 or 14 years ago and still surpasses many games today. Unfortunately Nintendo set the bar so high that it can't even beat it themselves no matter how good the next version of Zelda is. Twilight was trying to be a darker version of OoT and that didn't work out. Zelda needs to be taken in a different direction with some twists like cel-shading in skyward sword and new characters to lose the head-to-head comparison with OoT. OoT is way too nostalgic and really opened up the genre, no other game will be able to surpass it I think.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    It needs a change of formula. Skyward sword is a great change in the right direction as far as controls though. OoT IMHO has been surpassed BUT only due to it laying the foundation.

Sent from my DROID3
    RazrBlade
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Skyward Sword is taking the right direction to freshen up the series, but kinda hard to change the formula for Zelda, or any other Nintendo game. That's what's great about Nintendo, keep the same basic formula as games of the past, yet add things to freshen it up, look at Super Mario Galaxy and the newest Donkey Kong, both are tons of fun imo

I haven't gotten my hands on SS yet, but hopefully will in about 2 weeks when school is over.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Yeah man past them test.

When I said formula I was referring to its predictability. There is always 3 major items you obtain before the story truly opens up. Stuff like that.

Sent from my DROID3
    RazrBlade
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    Yeah man past them test.

When I said formula I was referring to its predictability. There is always 3 major items you obtain before the story truly opens up. Stuff like that.

Sent from my DROID3
    Now I gotcha. Yeah that was always the problem with zelda games, and it's certainly expected now. Don't know how they'd change that though...

As for finals, yeeahhhh I'll get around to studying next week
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links