How to install custom a rom!
*to revert back the your backup boot back into recovery > backup/ restore> restore
- You must be rooted to do this!!! GUIDE HERE
- Backup ALL of your phone data (bookmarks, contacts, SMS etc.) due to the fact that in order to install a rom your phone needs to be completely wiped out (this will wipe the internal phone storage but anything on your external sd card will not be touched) Android Backup Guide
- You MUST unlock your bootloader!! This is necessary and will void your phone’s warranty, however it can be relocked when needed to get warranty back.
- Install Clockworkmod Recovery by following these steps.
- Download any rom that you like: See bottom download section.
- Download the gapps (google apps, these are never included in custom roms) See download section
- Copy both downloaded zip files to your sd card DO NOT EXTRACT!
- Now, boot into Clockworkmod Recovery. To do that, turn off your phone. Then, hold down Volume Up, Home and then the Power buttons together until the screen turns on, then let them go. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod recovery in a few seconds.
- Perform a backup of your phones current state so you have something to revert back to in the event that you do not like the rom or have an issue. Do this by choosing backup/ restore and select backup on the next page.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Choose ext-sd if you put the .zip files on your external sd card. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install (rom name).zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
- After rom finishes installing go back to choose .zip from sd card and install gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip to install google apps.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone into your custom rom!
AOKP Jelly Bean
ParanoidAndroid Jelly Bean
CM10 by d2hacker
CM10 Nightlies by Invisiblek
Official CM10 Nightlies
JellyBro CM10 Kang
LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean
*I am not liable for what you do to your DEVICE!!
* I take no credit for links posted in this thread