DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Samsung Galaxy s3 gt 9300

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Samsung Galaxy s3 gt 9300

My Samsung galaxy s3 got wet and it will start but nothing visible on the screen. Any suggestions on if there is a fix for this problem or is the phone broke? I cannot see anything on the screen. I can connect to computer via usb. I have a phone chip and a sim. I am trying to find how to get to my contacts so I can reload onto a new phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    SCH-l535 verizon s3
    Ya bro take the battery out first. Then take tour vacuum hose to it. Lol it works. After do the rice thing. Fill a zip lock bag with rice and put phone in. The rice will draw moisture out. Also silica would be the best solution in a zip lock. Give a day or so and give it a shot.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    115 times
    Phone
    Bionic, Gnex, N7, RMHD, G2
    Quote Originally Posted by jceast7 View Post
    My Samsung galaxy s3 got wet and it will start but nothing visible on the screen. Any suggestions on if there is a fix for this problem or is the phone broke? I cannot see anything on the screen. I can connect to computer via usb. I have a phone chip and a sim. I am trying to find how to get to my contacts so I can reload onto a new phone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jim
    your contacts should be backed up with the primary gmaill account, when you put that in your new phone they should sync to it.
    unfortunately your phone is likely toast, very few phones survive a swim without permanent damage.

Links