I need help. I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that my S3's battery is draining exceptionally fast.
Here's some details:
- I charge the battery overnight and in the morning between the time I unplug it and the time I get to work (a 30 min drive) I'm below 90%. That's just not normal for my phone. But read on, it gets worse
- Very recently I've had to charge the phone during the day else it can't make it until dinner time
- I bought a new battery thinking perhaps the original battery went bad. Same thing happens with the new battery
- today was a great test: my fiance and I both have an S3 on Verizon. Obviously we have different apps installed. We went on a day trip today to a lake that doesn't have consistent reception. By 4pm his phone was down to 78% battery and mine was down to 42%. On the drive up I uninstalled a lot of apps that I just don't use. I also looked at the currently running apps and stopped quite a few. I then restarted the phone. Didn't seem to help
- at 6:30pm today I switched batteries to one that was 100% charged. Now, 4.5 hours later the battery is down to 23% -- in these 4.5 hours I have barely been using the phone. I've checked FB a couple of time and read one email. That's it. I haven't even had the screen turned on for more than a few minutes at a time.
- I don't have any new apps on the phone than going back several weeks when I didn't have this problem.
- I'm not rooted
- wi-fi is off, GPS is off, location services are off, bluetooth is off.
So what's causing this issue? It seems to be all of a sudden. I've attached a screenshot of the running apps taken a few mins ago. That will show you the battery percentage and a first glance of what's running.
Help! This is a huge problem. When I started typing this post the battery was at 26% and now it's at 20%. WTF?!??!!