DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By feralchick

Thread: Problems After Software Update

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy s3

Exclamation Problems After Software Update

Ever since Verizon's update last month, I've been experiencing some major problems with my phone. When I'm on the internet, the connection keeps getting lost every couple minutes or so. Then it connects again a few seconds later and the page is refreshed, but I lose whatever work I've put onto it. This happens when I'm inside apps, too. If I'm looking at pictures in gallery, it'll somehow refresh and bring me back to the first picture I clicked on. If I'm playing a game, the screen will freeze and after a couple seconds it will revert back to the start screen of the app. Even if I'm on the home screen, I will notice that all the widgets and shortcuts will flash (as if you've just cleared the ram or first powered up the phone) and the WiFi connection will be lost and found again. It's getting very frustrating because I can't really use my phone properly or do anything much on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxyIsMine View Post
    Ever since Verizon's update last month, I've been experiencing some major problems with my phone. When I'm on the internet, the connection keeps getting lost every couple minutes or so. Then it connects again a few seconds later and the page is refreshed, but I lose whatever work I've put onto it. This happens when I'm inside apps, too. If I'm looking at pictures in gallery, it'll somehow refresh and bring me back to the first picture I clicked on. If I'm playing a game, the screen will freeze and after a couple seconds it will revert back to the start screen of the app. Even if I'm on the home screen, I will notice that all the widgets and shortcuts will flash (as if you've just cleared the ram or first powered up the phone) and the WiFi connection will be lost and found again. It's getting very frustrating because I can't really use my phone properly or do anything much on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.
    Have you tried clearing your cache? And did you do an fdr after the update?
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s3
    Try removing the battery for a few minutes. It sometimes clears out the little glitches in your phone.

If that doesn't help, remove battery, remove SIM card and restart the phone without the SIM card. Shut down, reinsert SIM and restart phone. Check your network settings and make sure they are set to LTE/CDMA and not to Global as the phone seems to default to the Global setting.

Might also be a memory issue with apps constantly running in background. Check battery usage to see what is using the battery. You can also shut off notifications for apps that you don't need constant notifications such as any social networking (ex: Facebook/new status posted) and on games (ex: your bonus is ready). Settings, manage apps, and remove the check mark for notifications for the specific app.

Someone also suggested (somewhere on the forum) about disabling S-Voice if you don't use it and I have noticed my phone runs smoother.

If none of this works then do the factory reset.
    FoxKat likes this.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung SGSIII
    It would seem that you are a victom of the bad update that vzw sent out. I don't know of a fix other than getting down and dirty with your phone. Go to Settings>> About Phone and let me know what your baseband is. Thanks
    VZW SGSIII Unlocked
    MOARv5.0.1 v18
    Kernel KT747 3.0.69
    JB 4.1.2
    Baseband I535VRBMF1
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy s3
    Quote Originally Posted by feralchick View Post
    Try removing the battery for a few minutes. It sometimes clears out the little glitches in your phone.

If that doesn't help, remove battery, remove SIM card and restart the phone without the SIM card. Shut down, reinsert SIM and restart phone. Check your network settings and make sure they are set to LTE/CDMA and not to Global as the phone seems to default to the Global setting.

Might also be a memory issue with apps constantly running in background. Check battery usage to see what is using the battery. You can also shut off notifications for apps that you don't need constant notifications such as any social networking (ex: Facebook/new status posted) and on games (ex: your bonus is ready). Settings, manage apps, and remove the check mark for notifications for the specific app.

Someone also suggested (somewhere on the forum) about disabling S-Voice if you don't use it and I have noticed my phone runs smoother.

If none of this works then do the factory reset.
    Well, I took out the battery and SIM card and switched my settings(it was on global), and now it's working so much better!!! Thank you so much, I really didn't want to go through a factory reset! :-)
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy s3

Smile

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Links