DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worth swapping s3 to nexus 4?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5

Worth swapping s3 to nexus 4?

I have had an s3 on Verizon since its release date but am tempted to grab a nexus 4 on T-Mobile. I like Verizon's coverage but am getting turned off by there new policies and lack of pushing updates out. My contract is up next month and kinda wanna go the Gsm route so I can buy devices unlocked from Google. My question is this, is it worth leaving Verizon for T-Mobile and grab a nexus 4 or should I wait a month and grab an s4 on T-Mobile? Maybe even wait for the nexus 5??? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    234 times
    Phone
    droid maxx
    Nexus 4 isn't lte device. I would rather wait for s4 on tmo, or better yet wait for next nexus device on Verizon.
    Sony CM-B1201 > Samsung SCH-8500 > Motorola RAZR V3m > Samsung SCH-i760 > Motorola DROID X > HTC Thunderbolt > Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Motorola Droid Razr Maxx > Droid Maxx
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjr74 View Post
    I have had an s3 on Verizon since its release date but am tempted to grab a nexus 4 on T-Mobile. I like Verizon's coverage but am getting turned off by there new policies and lack of pushing updates out. My contract is up next month and kinda wanna go the Gsm route so I can buy devices unlocked from Google. My question is this, is it worth leaving Verizon for T-Mobile and grab a nexus 4 or should I wait a month and grab an s4 on T-Mobile? Maybe even wait for the nexus 5??? Thoughts?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    My question too you is,how's Tmos service in your area?If you can't answer that,then you have some homework to do.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    My question too you is,how's Tmos service in your area?If you can't answer that,then you have some homework to do.
    Not sure how the service is. If I make the jump I would wait to port number over in case it is not good. If I'm within the 14 days I would just return and cancel if unhappy with service. I know it will not be as good as Verizon's I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jamjr74 View Post
    Not sure how the service is. If I make the jump I would wait to port number over in case it is not good. If I'm within the 14 days I would just return and cancel if unhappy with service. I know it will not be as good as Verizon's I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    I suggest you do what I did.Get you a Tmo phone and drive around town and find out how good the signal is in your neck of the woods.If the signal is good,then be like MJ and make that change.Holla!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535 Galaxy S3
    I would make the jump just on principle. Im just 3 months into my verizon contract but when the time comes, im gonna stick it in the pink
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Fury View Post
    I would make the jump just on principle. Im just 3 months into my verizon contract but when the time comes, im gonna stick it in the pink
    WOW!!!!,Im feeling your pain.I was that 4gigs,450 talk,1,000 text=95.00 a mth.Great service,great coverage but that 95.00 a mth was hurting.I paid that ETF,got my N4 from Google,popped in that sim,been chillin with GREAT coverage,I didnt say good,I said GREAT coverage ever since.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm going to T-Mobile too. Verizon has gotten expensive and they're getting worse and worse every day. I'm waiting for a new nexus to come out...hoping it's a Motorola or even an HTC with a big battery.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    I'm going to T-Mobile too. Verizon has gotten expensive and they're getting worse and worse every day. I'm waiting for a new nexus to come out...hoping it's a Motorola or even an HTC with a big battery.
    Think I'm gonna wait for next nexus too. S3 to nexus 4 isn't worth the move. Devices are so close in specs. See what next nexus brings.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    I forgot too mention,Tmo gave me 180 for my S3.I applied it to my bill,at 30 dollars a month, that's like 5mths w/o a bill.

Sent from my S3 rocking 4.1.2
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links