DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Google Now...a useful tool

  1. Senior Droid
    Sgt Fury's Avatar
    Member #
    153417
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535 Galaxy S3
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Not sure if you do already, but you can also use an alternate launcher. With mine I have double tapping the home screen to open up the voice command part and holding the back button to open the app itself. And you don't even have to be rooted. Of course if you want to stay stock then your best bet would be adding an icon to one of your home screens, and perhaps someday a Google Now widget.
    There is a Google Now Widget. It has been incorporated into the latest update of the Google Search App. I helped a buddy just yesterday with this because he didn't have the widget but I did. He just needed to update his search and there it was.
  2. Senior Droid
    indywrenchin76's Avatar
    Member #
    231235
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by No.Division View Post

    Not sure if it's the same on all carriers, but for Verizon just hold down the home button and hit Google. And bask in its awesomeness :-D

    Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums
    You can also hold the menu button to access Google Now.
  3. Droid
    No.Division's Avatar
    Member #
    282372
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    53
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by indywrenchin76 View Post

    You can also hold the menu button to access Google Now.
    Nice! Didn't know that. Thanks!

    Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums
  4. Senior Droid
    indywrenchin76's Avatar
    Member #
    231235
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    S.W. Florida
    Posts
    135
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by No.Division View Post

    Nice! Didn't know that. Thanks!

    Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums
    Anytime.
  5. Droid Ninja
    k1ngr4t's Avatar
    Member #
    200555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,327
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Fury View Post
    There is a Google Now Widget. It has been incorporated into the latest update of the Google Search App. I helped a buddy just yesterday with this because he didn't have the widget but I did. He just needed to update his search and there it was.
    Hm, only GNow widget I see just displays the weather for the next 2 days. I have like 100 widgets that do that. It also looks like that little widget takes up a whole page. If you tap it it opens the app up, but I'd like something that you can maybe scroll through to show news, weather, and nearby events, just like Google Now but in a smaller compact form that can fit on a home screen. I'm sure there's plenty more to come, so...
  6. Senior Droid
    Sgt Fury's Avatar
    Member #
    153417
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535 Galaxy S3
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post

    Hm, only GNow widget I see just displays the weather for the next 2 days. I have like 100 widgets that do that. It also looks like that little widget takes up a whole page. If you tap it it opens the app up, but I'd like something that you can maybe scroll through to show news, weather, and nearby events, just like Google Now but in a smaller compact form that can fit on a home screen. I'm sure there's plenty more to come, so...
    Yes, you can adjust how much space the GN widget will take up but the individuale GN "cards" don't display until it is at the relevant time. For example, weather is always relevant so you'll see that. If you have your home address set, a card will show up when you are away from home telling you what traffic is like and how long it will take to get home. If you use your google calander and scheduel an event, you'll get a reminder card prior to the event. If there are venues with events according to your likes coming up in the near future you will see those cards and so on. So the widget doesn't always display multiple cards at any given time. Hope this clears up some confusion about the GN widget.
  7. Senior Droid
    Sgt Fury's Avatar
    Member #
    153417
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535 Galaxy S3
    #17
  8. Senior Droid
    Sgt Fury's Avatar
    Member #
    153417
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    155
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    SCH-I535 Galaxy S3
    #18
    Google Now...a useful tool-forumrunner_20130402_221526.png
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2013, 09:47 PM
  2. Replies: 307
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 12:34 AM
  4. Replies: 140
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
  5. Can't find my Google tool bar...help!!!!
    By Traydoggz in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Search tags for this page

disable google now
,
galaxy s3 google now
,
google now galaxy s3
,
how to disable google now s3
,
how to use google now galaxy s3
,

how to use google now on galaxy s3

,
how to use google now on s3
,

how to use google now on samsung galaxy s3

,
turn on traffic in google now on samsung galaxy s3
,
using google now on galaxy s3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+