DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Need help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    So I just got my update to jelly bean 4.1.2, at the time I got the update I had my clock on my phone set ahead a few hours, loophole in a game I play, but that's beside the point. So I accept the update, it finishes and I set my clock back to the actual time, I get prompted again that there is an update for the Android version and I accept it again and let it do its thing, so I Google what new features are in the update and I don't have any of them. No screen rotation on home screen, no gallery update, nothing. So I'm starting to wonder if doing the update twice somehow canceled it out or interfered with it somehow. Or do the features take time to take effect? I I've already tried a hard and soft reset. And tried to manually update firmware, also I went to settings and about device to see what it said my software version is and it says 4.1.2 anyways I'm just not sure what to do. What are my options? I'm on a galaxy s3 with sprint SPH L710 model number, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by gxyS3_918; 03-02-2013 at 01:30 AM.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Most of those updates are in the premium suite, and who knows when that will be released. I flashed the 4.1.2 leak on Verizon and the only thing that changed were some camera options, like best face and low light.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gxyS3_918 View Post
    So I just got my update to jelly bean 4.1.2, at the time I got the update I had my clock on my phone set ahead a few hours, loophole in a game I play, but that's beside the point. So I accept the update, it finishes and I set my clock back to the actual time, I get prompted again that there is an update for the Android version and I accept it again and let it do its thing, so I Google what new features are in the update and I don't have any of them. No screen rotation on home screen, no gallery update, nothing. So I'm starting to wonder if doing the update twice somehow canceled it out or interfered with it somehow. Or do the features take time to take effect? I I've already tried a hard and soft reset. And tried to manually update firmware, also I went to settings and about device to see what it said my software version is and it says 4.1.2 anyways I'm just not sure what to do. What are my options? I'm on a galaxy s3 with sprint SPH L710 model number, any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
    Looks like your Sprint version did not get all the Premium stuff in the international version: Sprint Community: 2/27 - Samsung Galaxy S III Software Update - L710VPBMB1
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Hmm maybe you guys are right, I guess I just jumped to conclusions because I got the notification twice, and just thought it was weird I didn't get all the stuff I thought I was supposed to.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Verizon SG3s are at 4.1.1 as of today.

Links