DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Moving from Rezound

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Moving from Rezound

I had my HTC Rezound for about a year now. Great phone, mostly, except for battery life. In the last year I have dropped it a couple of times, cracking the screen. I have had it replaced but now I have some other problems with it.

I do have an upgrade available and am looking at the S3. I am mostly concerned about battery life and radio reception. So if there are any Rezound owners out there that have switched to the S3 I am wondering what the battery life of the S3 is compared to the Rezound.

Thanks!!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    I loved my Rezound. Solid, reliable, quick, sleek. Great phone.

My S3 blows it out of the water. Unless you have something else going on (software problems), battery life is amazing. Razr Maxx HD has the best, but GS3 is definitely second or third. Unless you're using it constantly throughout the day, like cumulative 4 hours screen time or more, battery should not be an issue. All the iPhone users at my work, even the i5, have to bring in their chargers, even though their phone is sitting around for most of the shift. People always talk smack about Samsung radios but I haven't had any problems. Since August 1st, I've had maybe 4 dropped calls, and I'm not even sure if some were from my end or not. I also get decent (useable) 4g in a weak 4g area, where my Rezound would have crappy 3g.

Some users have random battery drain, myself included, but it's clearly something wrong and has been resolved for most. So if you feel like your battery is draining fast, check out one of the 300 threads online about it. But if it works as it should, you'll be amazed. Feel free to ask any more questions.
    bsweetness and Shadez like this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    I loved my Rezound. Solid, reliable, quick, sleek. Great phone.

My S3 blows it out of the water. Unless you have something else going on (software problems), battery life is amazing. Razr Maxx HD has the best, but GS3 is definitely second or third. Unless you're using it constantly throughout the day, like cumulative 4 hours screen time or more, battery should not be an issue. All the iPhone users at my work, even the i5, have to bring in their chargers, even though their phone is sitting around for most of the shift. People always talk smack about Samsung radios but I haven't had any problems. Since August 1st, I've had maybe 4 dropped calls, and I'm not even sure if some were from my end or not. I also get decent (useable) 4g in a weak 4g area, where my Rezound would have crappy 3g.

Some users have random battery drain, myself included, but it's clearly something wrong and has been resolved for most. So if you feel like your battery is draining fast, check out one of the 300 threads online about it. But if it works as it should, you'll be amazed. Feel free to ask any more questions.
    Thanks for the info!! Not really have any specific questions, maybe is there something missing on the S3 that you had on the Rezound?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Hm, at this point I don't really remember. I mean nothing stands out as an exclusive feature I really miss from my Rezound, though the S3 improves on a lot of things I didn't even know I had a problem with. I definitely liked the Rezound having the power plug on the side instead of the bottom and the power button on the top instead of the side (I tend to hit the lower volume button on the opposite side when I just want to unlock the screen or something), but nothing I couldn't adjust to.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    I also came from the rezound which I thought was and still is a great phone but it has nothing on the s3
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s3
    I miss the screen on the Rezound. The resolution was amazingly sharp. Very strong signal too.

Otherwise my S3 knocks it out of the ballpark in terms of features. My signal numbers are awful in my home (-85 Rezound vs -105 S3 in a strong 4G area) but I haven't dropped a call. I think I must be surrounded by kryptonite because elsewhere my signal measures -85 to -95. Battery life is good and my regular battery is lasts longer than the Rezound with the extended battery. Would probably be better with a stronger signal at home (tho if I go to the front of my building the signal is significantly stronger).

I do not miss having a hot phone.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    See that's one thing I don't understand. And feral this isn't directed towards you, just saying I don't understand why a lot of people give the GS3 smack because it has a "weak" radio. Maybe numbers wise, it is weaker, but when it comes to practical use....I quote, "but I haven't dropped a call." Honestly this isn't a personal attack or anything, just pointing out that when critics say the GS3 has a weak radio, readers assume it means dropped calls and bad speeds or reception. When in reality, that's not the case. And to be clear I have horrible reception in my house but I'm still able to use the GS3 no problem.

So perhaps the numbers are lower, but don't let that discourage you (or future readers) into thinking the GS3 radio sucks, like other Samsung radios apparently do. Can't speak for those...
    Last edited by k1ngr4t; 01-23-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    bsweetness likes this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    See that's one thing I don't understand. And feral this isn't directed towards you, just saying I don't understand why a lot of people give the GS3 smack because it has a "weak" radio. Maybe numbers wise, it is weaker, but when it comes to practical use....I quote, "but I haven't dropped a call." Honestly this isn't a personal attack or anything, just pointing out that when critics say the GS3 has a weak radio, readers assume it means dropped calls and bad speeds or reception. When in reality, that's not the case. And to be clear I have horrible reception in my house but I'm still able to use the GS3 no problem. So perhaps the numbers are lower, but don't let that discourage you (or future readers) into thinking the GS3 radio sucks, like other Samsung radios apparently do. Can't speak for those...
    That is a good point. I have read that the radios are weaker but really heard no complaints about it. My Rezound works great at my house but has a weak signal at my office; at -98. However, I still get good voice and 4G connection, so I don't really care. I guess I use more power, but that would be expected. At long as the phone works, doesn't drop calls and gets good data rates it doesn't matter if you have 1 bar or 4 bars.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s3
    See that's one thing I don't understand. And feral this isn't directed towards you, just saying I don't understand why a lot of people give the GS3 smack because it has a "weak" radio. Maybe numbers wise, it is weaker, but when it comes to practical use....I quote, "but I haven't dropped a call." Honestly this isn't a personal attack or anything, just pointing out that when critics say the GS3 has a weak radio, readers assume it means dropped calls and bad speeds or reception. When in reality, that's not the case. And to be clear I have horrible reception in my house but I'm still able to use the GS3 no problem.

So perhaps the numbers are lower, but don't let that discourage you (or future readers) into thinking the GS3 radio sucks, like other Samsung radios apparently do. Can't speak for those...
    No offense taken. Actually that was the point I was trying to make and obviously did so very badly. Thank you for bringing this up so I can clarify my comments.

Came from several Bionics which could not hold a signal most of the time. Swapped for a Rezound which consistently had a solid signal. Went thru several defective refurbs (disappointing because I thought it was a great phone overall). Swore off having a another Moto phone because of the trauma of suffering thru the Bionics. Was a bit concerned about going to an S3 because I read about some signal issues.

I was attempting to point out that although the S3 signal readings appear poor that this phone has been rock solid and I have had absolutely no problems with it dropping calls.

The S3 is a great phone and has performed perfectly. I absolutely adore my S3 and think it's one of the best phones out there.

Hope I did better this time in expressing the awesomeness of this phone. :-)
    bsweetness likes this.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Beautifully said feral. And now that you point out that's what you meant, I can see where you were coming from. Guess it could've been interpreted either way

I've also noticed the GS3 shows 6 bars instead of the usual 5. So 2/6 bars on the GS3 may look weaker since most of the bar is empty, but it's pretty much on par with 3 bars on, say, the Rezound. So arguably when you have REALLY good reception and you're at 5 or 6/6, then maybe one could say the GS3 radio is actually better than most...assuming both phones have full bars.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links