DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just a quick question

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    SGS3
    It should boot to a screen with Andy on it and some warnings and so on. But if you aren't getting that then I'd say yes the device is dead
    CM 10 and AOKP
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    If Samsung is dealing with it directly they should have emailed you a postage receipt of some sort. It would be your responsibility to package it and send it using that tag they sent you.... I don't know who the big package carrier in Ireland would be... Here in the U.S. Samsung emails you a UPS slip you have to print and attach to the package then drop it at a drop off..... I would also contact Vodafone and see if it is something their warranty will replace... They may just be able to swap it out for you as it is a known defect that Samsung has admitted to....
    Nope I never gave my email address to them on the phone all I got from them was a text with my reference number and they said the authorized service centre will contact me to arrange an appointment, however on the phone the customer services representative told me they'd send out a bag that I'd have to put the phone into with the battery but make sure I take out my sim and sd card then seal it and send it off. I haven't received anything yet so I'm just wondering what's taking them so long. What it says on the Samsung Website when I log in with my reference number in the Product Service Status is 08-01-2013 Assigned to Service Centre. Then after that it has nothing. Vodafone won't do anything at all for me they're useless over here that's why I unlocked my phone and switched to another network called Meteor the service you get from them is amazing any problems you have they resolve for you but obviously they can't with this phone because I didn't buy it from them.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    I find over here it's always much easier to contact the carrier instead of the manufacturer. Verizon has overnight shipping for replacements, so I'd contact Vodafone first.
    Like I just said to Miller6386 Vodafone over here are useless a**holes they won't do anything for you at all no matter what it is. We have Meteor, Vodafone, o2, 3 and eMobile and Vodafone are they only network which will only let you return a faulty phone within 7 days otherwise you have to contact the manufacturer
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless77 View Post
    It should boot to a screen with Andy on it and some warnings and so on. But if you aren't getting that then I'd say yes the device is dead
    Yeah nothing happening with it at all and I know it's got a full battery because like I said I tried it in my sisters phone so I guess first thing Monday I'll just have to ring Samsung to find out what's going on.

Thank you for all your help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links