DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Well, sorry. Maybe you have something on your phone that's causing it?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    No, no, no. No need to apologize rex. It wasn't directed at anyone specifically, all I meant was of the 6 page thread a total of maybe 2 1/2 contain something reminiscent of a solution. Which is fine, because it confirms it's an issue with JB. But at this point...

I think it's a leftover file from when I first root the phone. An update unrooted it and I left it that way till the JB ota so I wouldn't have any problems. Shame. I'm sure I'll figure something out. I can't be the only one with this scenario...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Am I the one who feels that my battery life has roughly doubled since going to JB? I can't drain the battery and I use it all day.

My only complaint it that I want to be able to group text with my I Phone friends!!
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Have those of you who are having issues gone into recovery and cleared the cache??? Power down the phone.... Let it sit... Power it back up using Volume UP HOME and POWER all at the same time... Release them when Samsung flashes on the screen.... There should be directions on the screen on how to navigate to clear cache.... Clear the cache and dalvik then reboot the phone.... All the apps will have to rebuild but that should help clear up any "cob webs" left over from the OTA update.....
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 - Verizon
    I just noticed something odd with mine..

First - I've had the battery drain issue since JB.. thought it was something else (should've looked here first)

Second - It seems to get stuck on 3G. Turning the radio off/on (airplane mode, etc) will let me hit 4G.. but a few minutes later, it'll switch to 3G and stay there. THIS is annoying.

Going to try FDRs, I guess...

Also - why the hell didn't they put UMS in this? I was surprised that it was omitted from ICS (my wife's RAZR maxx has it) and it drives me crazy. It seems silly to have to root just to get UMS back.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller6386 View Post
    Have those of you who are having issues gone into recovery and cleared the cache??? Power down the phone.... Let it sit... Power it back up using Volume UP HOME and POWER all at the same time... Release them when Samsung flashes on the screen.... There should be directions on the screen on how to navigate to clear cache.... Clear the cache and dalvik then reboot the phone.... All the apps will have to rebuild but that should help clear up any "cob webs" left over from the OTA update.....
    What state will the phone and apps be in after doing the above, will all of the OS and application settings be back to factory default, so I'd have to redo everything? My battery life is decent but I wouldn't mind clearing the caches if it doesn't mean resetting everything from scatch.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Twitter
    CoreyFMiller
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 D2VZW
    DroidForums.net Developer

Re: Are other people having a ton of problems since updated to Jelly Bean?

Quote Originally Posted by MattE303 View Post
    What state will the phone and apps be in after doing the above, will all of the OS and application settings be back to factory default, so I'd have to redo everything? My battery life is decent but I wouldn't mind clearing the caches if it doesn't mean resetting everything from scatch.
    Nothing will be reset. Just don't clear any data. Once you reboot the first boot will take a while for all the apps to rebuild their caches.

Communicated from Atop The Beer Tent Capital of The World
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 - Verizon
    Did the FDR last night (twice.. just to be safe) - too soon to tell, but fingers crossed.. it looks like the 'stuck on 3g' issue MAY have fixed itself.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by svengoolie View Post

I'm not sure what you mean by updating over the air. I'll try this method tonight when I get a chance.

Something else that's been happening since the update is that the Google Play app gets screwing up on me. I'll be listening to an album, but at some point it'll decide it doesn't want to work anymore. What it will do is not skip to the next track when it ends. The timer keeps counting up as if the song is still playing, but it's over and silent. When I try clicking pause or loading up a different song, it won't do anything. It's just stuck like that.
    If you don't know what over the air update is... then I would strongly suggest you read and read and read some more before you flash toys to avoid any issues. Don't want to see you brick your s3

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535
    Hell on Heels
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Since updating to JB my phone won't fetch mail - gmail, Charter POP account nor yahoo. They will still receive mail if I go in and refresh so account settings are OK.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

what I do - thebrakedoctor.com
    uptrailerandhitch.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Links