DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: [Opinion] Galaxy 3 upgrade: What have you noticed different?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    samsung galaxy s3
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t
    Good update overall, but there are a few things I dislike, or will at least take some adjusting to. Mostly with the notification bar...

For one, I'm not a big fan of the gray notification bar. I liked the ICS black. It also seems to be a little less....smooth when pulling it down. I'm not saying it's laggy, but it doesn't feel like it grabs and drags as fluently as it used to. I also am not liking the time stamp that's at the top instead of the actual top part of the notification bar so we can see the little icons of what's on. It feels a little more cluttered to me instead of opening it up which I think was the intention. And I wish there was a way to turn off the brightness setting. I like it in theory, but I use a third party brightness app, so I never even touch those settings, so again, it's just cluttering it.

Also for some reason when I hit the home button to unlock it goes straight to the home screen instead of my widget locker lock screen. It used to go to the lock screen, which I use all the time. I've looked everywhere but can't find a setting for this. Any ideas?

Overall it seems to be a standard upgrade. Battery is maybe slightly better if not identical, camera updates are nice, the new Swype is accurate as hell (just wish you could change the look), and I can't wait till GoogleNow is more personalized. Hopefully I'll be able to actually use Wallet sometime soon and I guess there's still more to come so we'll see!!!
    If your willing to root your phone you can get Google wallet now. U need it rooted. U need an unlocked bootloader. And a deodexed rom. Then you can get Google wallet by this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2024460
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Yeah I dunno, though Google wallet is cool, it's like S-Beam. It just doesn't have that great of a purpose yet. And unfortunately I don't really want to unlock my bootloader, but I am already rooted.

Besides, we shouldn't have to unlock/root to get a feature that was promised to us. Especially since it's not the only one missing. So the lack of things we don't have but should is another disappointment about JB.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    samsung galaxy s3
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t
    Yeah I dunno, though Google wallet is cool, it's like S-Beam. It just doesn't have that great of a purpose yet. And unfortunately I don't really want to unlock my bootloader, but I am already rooted.

Besides, we shouldn't have to unlock/root to get a feature that was promised to us. Especially since it's not the only one missing. So the lack of things we don't have but should is another disappointment about JB.
    Why don't ya wanna unlock your bootloader? And yeah I'm sure they will come up with it sooner or later. (Probably later) im sure it will just take time.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Ok, I'm going to come out and say it......

At this point.....I'm not a big fan of the JB update. No flash, it's ruined a lot of my settings, both for stock and those that relate to third party apps, I don't like the notification bar, battery drain has increased, reception is the exact same, and for some reason my memory use is never as good. On average it used to be around .6/2gb. Now it's been closer to .1/2gb. Still runs fine, but it's cuttin' it pretty close there...
    Sorry you don't like jelly bean. The flash is nothing new. A majority of people knew that there wouldn't be flash. Adobe pulled out for all phones running jelly bean. I had the same issue with my battery. I did a factory reset and all of the issues I was having were fixed. My reception has improved significantly.
    Hell on Heels
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Ok, I'm going to come out and say it......

At this point.....I'm not a big fan of the JB update. No flash, it's ruined a lot of my settings, both for stock and those that relate to third party apps, I don't like the notification bar, battery drain has increased, reception is the exact same, and for some reason my memory use is never as good. On average it used to be around .6/2gb. Now it's been closer to .1/2gb. Still runs fine, but it's cuttin' it pretty close there...
    I dont understand,why you didnt know about flash and JB.I see at the end you said,still runs fine,so dont worry,BE HAPPY!!!!!
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Now Google play music does not work. My keyboard randomly doesn't go away.

This update is wack. My phone worked perfectly before, now I'm having a ton of problems
    "Forgiven Is Not Forgotten"

S3...X2...ENV touch...Some flip phone.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by music life View Post
    Now Google play music does not work. My keyboard randomly doesn't go away.

This update is wack. My phone worked perfectly before, now I'm having a ton of problems
    Have you tried a factory reset?
  8. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    And you can still install flash via 3rd party...
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I shut off s voice, how can I configure for my home button to open Google now when I double tap instead. Or do anything else else other than s voice
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat

Re: [Opinion] Galaxy 3 upgrade: What have you noticed different?

Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    I shut off s voice, how can I configure for my home button to open Google now when I double tap instead. Or do anything else else other than s voice
    I disabled SVoice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links