DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Is there a trick to S-Beam

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4

Is there a trick to S-Beam

My brother-in-law just got a Note 2 over the thanksgiving weekend, and we were trying to share a couple videos via s-beam, and it was excruciating. We must have tried for ten min. putting the phones back to back, sliding them up and down(like a weird version of phones having sex), rotating. Sometimes his would notice, sometimes mine would, and then it was difficult to finally get the phones to transfer. We did finally get it to work, but it was far from cool. Are there any tricks that would make this better, or should i stick with email and texting.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SGS3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageboardr View Post
    My brother-in-law just got a Note 2 over the thanksgiving weekend, and we were trying to share a couple videos via s-beam, and it was excruciating. We must have tried for ten min. putting the phones back to back, sliding them up and down(like a weird version of phones having sex), rotating. Sometimes his would notice, sometimes mine would, and then it was difficult to finally get the phones to transfer. We did finally get it to work, but it was far from cool. Are there any tricks that would make this better, or should i stick with email and texting.
    i had the same issues this evening with my mom's Galaxy Nexus. some things would work and some wouldn't. for some reason, it didn't seem as flawless as it does in the commercials.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3

Re: Is there a trick to S-Beam

Galaxy Nexus doesn’t use s-beam. You should turn off s-beam and use android beam.

As for the S-beam, this is the like I used to make sure I had it right. Worked for me. Make sure you use stock media apps.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...F95ZxJ5uqsQ_qQ

Good luck

Sent from my SGS3 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Rezound/ Galaxy S3/ Galaxy S4
    Looks so easy in that video, and in the commercials. How close do the NFC chips need to be to initiate the S-Beam feature. I found myself rotating the phones, and sliding them around to get them to recognize each other. I would think this would be easier on two S3's since the chip will be in the same position, but that doesn't seem to be the case on the Note2. Does anyone know exactly where on the phone the NFC chip is located? It says you can move the phones apart after the transfer is started. How close do the phones need to stay, once the transfer is initiated?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    other than the fact you have to manually turn it on i've never had an issue getting it to work. Course i've only ever tried with "quickpay" machines and my wife's GS3
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    It is simple with two S3s for exactly the reason you describe. We have two in the family and are constantly using it to send pics to each other.

It probably is a chip location issue. I know someone who was able to send stuff via NFC between a Skyrocket and a Windows Lumia. He also had to do the rotation, perpendicular trial / error. I think once you figure out the sweet spot, it will get smoother.

Links