DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Issues with phone freezing (battery pull)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Issues with phone freezing (battery pull)

Hello everyone, got the s3 a couple of weeks ago and I love it. By far the best phone I have had in a long time. I've only run into one issue; the phone has frozen on occasion when trying to get out of 'hibernation' and although the soft keys will light up, when pressing the power button the phone will not turn on. Then I am forced to remove the battery and put it back in, which is the only way it works again. This has happened over seven times since getting the phone in early November. Is this a common problem with the s3? A software issue maybe? I am in the process of replacing but am wondering if I will run into the same issue with my next phone. Thank you for the help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Re: Issues with phone freezing (battery pull)

I've had the s3 since release day and today is the first time I be had to do a battery pull... Almost 5 months... I've never had an Android device as stable as this thing.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    Quote Originally Posted by TDevilsG
    Hello everyone, got the s3 a couple of weeks ago and I love it. By far the best phone I have had in a long time. I've only run into one issue; the phone has frozen on occasion when trying to get out of 'hibernation' and although the soft keys will light up, when pressing the power button the phone will not turn on. Then I am forced to remove the battery and put it back in, which is the only way it works again. This has happened over seven times since getting the phone in early November. Is this a common problem with the s3? A software issue maybe? I am in the process of replacing but am wondering if I will run into the same issue with my next phone. Thank you for the help

Do you use go sms pro? I use it and have had this problem when receiving multiple messages at once.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Do you use go sms pro? I use it and have had this problem when receiving multiple messages at once.
    Nope, don't use that. The problem happens pretty randomly for me. I got my replacement phone in today so I guess I am going to use that moving forth

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    I had the problem I called Verizon tech support they told me to try a fdr and it hasn't happened since.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by steeletown View Post
    I had the problem I called Verizon tech support they told me to try a fdr and it hasn't happened since.
    Thanks Steeletown. How many times did the phone have the problem?

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    bionic
    It would freeze at least once a week and my apps would constantly forceclose.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I had a similar issue and posted a previous thread on this also. After weeks of web searching and calling support. Here's what I found....

Whenever the battery connector loses touch with the phones connector, as minimal as it can be, the phone will shut off. This often happens if there is pressure when the phone is in your pocket. Also another battery, especially after market can cause random shutdowns. Often times a cleaning of the connector with a simple pencil eraser will help the problem if it is constant.The times this has happened to me reflects the pocket situation. Only fix of course is a battery pull.....

It may or may not be related. Hope it helps....
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by Wopback View Post
    I had a similar issue and posted a previous thread on this also. After weeks of web searching and calling support. Here's what I found....

Whenever the battery connector loses touch with the phones connector, as minimal as it can be, the phone will shut off. This often happens if there is pressure when the phone is in your pocket. Also another battery, especially after market can cause random shutdowns. Often times a cleaning of the connector with a simple pencil eraser will help the problem if it is constant.The times this has happened to me reflects the pocket situation. Only fix of course is a battery pull.....

It may or may not be related. Hope it helps....
    Thanks you very much. I too thought the problem is the battery. I have swapped the stock with hyperion on occasion (got stock in there now) and I'm wondering if that contributed to the problem in some form. Anyway I am going to start using the replacement phone tomorrow, hopefully it works alright.

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by TDevilsG

Thanks you very much. I too thought the problem is the battery. I have swapped the stock with hyperion on occasion (got stock in there now) and I'm wondering if that contributed to the problem in some form. Anyway I am going to start using the replacement phone tomorrow, hopefully it works alright.

Good luck with the new phone.....mine still does it every "blue moon" (2nd phone too).....nothing major though....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links