DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Convince me... S3 over the HTC DNA

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Battery might not be an issue. HTC has done a good job of getting the most out of their smaller batteries on their last few devices.

If you're into rooting/romming at all, the S3 is second to the Nexus devices, and that's it. Been running an AOSP rom on my S3 for awhile now... the specs, plus the rom, make it my own lil' Nexus 4.

Edit: Yes the DNA's bootloader has already been unlocked, but if it's anything like previous devious, that'll be closed up by or right after release.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StinkyPete View Post
    A few reports have said the battery is not an issue:

Gizmodo for one...

HTC Droid DNA Review: Verizon's Big, Beautiful Beast

"That big screen is paired with LTE and a relatively modest 2020 mAh Li-Ion battery, but the Droid DNA still lasted until 10pm every night with moderately heavy usage. It's certainly nowhere near the marathon levels of the
    Droid RAZR MAXX HD, but it outlasts the Galaxy S III."
    Engadget and The Verge both disagree. The Verge strongly disagrees, calling the battery life "terrible." While both sites tend to be in the tank for Apple, I greatly prefer their reviews to Gizmodo's, and they do provide some good battery life tests that really tax the device.

I think the DNA will get most users through a typical day, but if you spend a serious amount of time using the device, you'll be looking for a charger by sometime in the afternoon.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SIII
    DNA could have been a winner but HTC dropped the ball as far as I'm concerned. I for one will NEVER again buy a phone without removable storage and battery (unless it's a Maxx type device). I'm not a believer in all the "cloud" crap. I want my media available to me no matter where I might be located without depending on an internet connection. Not to mention I much rather prefer Touchwiz to Sense. If I was you I'd wait for the Note2 to be available on Big Red. The GNote2 will be my next device without a doubt.

As always...GOBEARS and IRISH too!

"Remember, friends don't let friends use IOS"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears
    DNA could have been a winner but HTC dropped the ball as far as I'm concerned. I for one will NEVER again buy a phone without removable storage and battery (unless it's a Maxx type device). I'm not a believer in all the "cloud" crap. I want my media available to me no matter where I might be located without depending on an internet connection. Not to mention I much rather prefer Touchwiz to Sense. If I was you I'd wait for the Note2 to be available on Big Red. The GNote2 will be my next device without a doubt.

Agreed. I gotta be able to swap swap out my battery, especially when it's such a small one. Good point about always being able to access your files, too
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    269 times
    Phone
    droid MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears

I'll third this post.

The cloud is a double edged sword, pay (deducting from you data) as you upload and download, and pay for the storage in the cloud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    I say the DNA
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy III
    If you get a lot of emails, S3 will freeze the screen 100% of the time on first attempt to get emails. Can be very frustrating. Other than that it is a great phone, but the email is a BIG drawback.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Save your unlimited data (if you have it) and buy used. GS3s can be found for $350. It's a steal.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtGamble711
    If you get a lot of emails, S3 will freeze the screen 100% of the time on first attempt to get emails. Can be very frustrating. Other than that it is a great phone, but the email is a BIG drawback.
    My phone freezes without emails a lot. My back button and menu button both don't work and neither does texting. It eventually starts working on its own
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtGamble711 View Post
    I get a lot of emails everyday on multiple providers. Never had it freeze.
    "Forgiven Is Not Forgotten"

S3...X2...ENV touch...Some flip phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links