DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing unlimited

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Losing unlimited

My phone has been messing up and I had to get a replacement from Verizon. In the mean time I need to switch to my 3G phone for a phone in the mean time. Will switching from 4G to 3G make me lose my unlimited data? If so does that mean they went against the contract and have to give me more than 2GB a month?

3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    No going from 4g devices to 3g devices will not make you lose your unlimited data.. I was doing it routinely until I sold my x and x2. Hope this helps?
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Thanks a lot didn't think it would be a problem but was just getting some reassurance
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    If you get the phone from Verizon or any authorized Verizon vendor at subsidized price, your unlimited data is NO MORE, for you to keep your unlimited data you would have to buy the NEW phone outright "at full price", or get a used one on eBay or Craigs list, once you go the new phone at subsidized price your old contract is null and void "no more unlimited", and you will be pushed into the shared data plans.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy S III
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    If you get the phone from Verizon or any authorized Verizon vendor at subsidized price, your unlimited data is NO MORE, for you to keep your unlimited data you would have to buy the NEW phone outright "at full price", or get a used one on eBay or Craigs list, once you go the new phone at subsidized price your old contract is null and void "no more unlimited", and you will be pushed into the shared data plans.
    He's talking about getting a replacement, not an upgrade.

If you're getting a warranty or insurance replacement, your data plan isn't touched. Also, moving between a 3G and 4G phone won't affect your data, Verizon doesn't have separate data plans for 3G and 4G phones.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Visit my blog at http://totallytwinning.com!
  7. Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    LG Mach
    Thanks for the info presented here.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID BIONIC
    Signing a contract is what will make you loose your unlimited data plan
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    SCH-I 535
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69 View Post
    That is also not entirely true. I have unlimited data and got my phone from Best Buy as an authorized vendor at an upgrade price. I took the upgrade on my wife's phone then just transferred the number back to my line. So I get to keep my unlimited data, there is always a way around something, and it is worth it to keep your unlimited data. If you have a second line you can get the upgrade on that line if it is eligible and then transfer the phone over to your line and KEEP your unlimited data. If anyone would like I do have an audiofile saved on Evernote of a Verizon rep Linda stating this on recording. =)
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertec69
    This is why when my contract is up this summer in June im switching to AT&T. Its garbage that Verizon did this.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIce

That is also not entirely true. I have unlimited data and got my phone from Best Buy as an authorized vendor at an upgrade price. I took the upgrade on my wife's phone then just transferred the number back to my line. So I get to keep my unlimited data, there is always a way around something, and it is worth it to keep your unlimited data. If you have a second line you can get the upgrade on that line if it is eligible and then transfer the phone over to your line and KEEP your unlimited data. If anyone would like I do have an audiofile saved on Evernote of a Verizon rep Linda stating this on recording. =)
    I did something similar. I went and got an old LG Chocolate from a friend (cause u cant use a smartphone). They took the chocolate and added a 3rd line to my acct for $10/mo and adding a new line i was able to get this S3 at the upgrade price. The Chocolate has a number but i just threw it in a drawer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links